Scepter water can pump?

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Great write up, and links. I need to get busy and set something up like this for my M416.

It will also come in handy at the cabin, until I get the sauna/shower building built this fall.

Even then, I may use a set up like this for the shower, since the well only works when the genny is running, which is only as needed.:ylsmoke:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
water can

Still can't find what I have on my trailer but I have this set up for the road.

Attachments

• FJ40 rear bumper 2 .jpg
    FJ40 rear bumper 2 .jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 311

thecriscokid

Explorer
I just made a shower set up tonight. I used the pressure relief valve hole and put a detachable air fitting though with a hose reaching to the bottom of he can. Then drilled a hole for an all thread shrader valve and tightened it down. Using my floor bike pump to pressurize for now. I need to find a better shower nozzle then I can test it some more. I will post a pic tomorrow maybe

thecriscokid

Explorer
Probably $80 including the Scepter can. This pic has 10psi in the can from a bike floor pump. By no means luxurious shower, but I think it will be great. Total mish-mash of plumbing parts and air fittings. There is an all thread shrader valve from a moto tube in the cap that can not be seen in the pics. Sorry for the blurry cell pics, too convenient:sombrero:
photo2.jpg
[/IMG]
photo3.jpg
[/IMG]

tperkins

Observer
Criscokid- I think thats a really trick setup, I might have to do that myself. Maybe you could post a writeup of it, with a link to the shower head if possible?

thecriscokid

Explorer
Criscokid- I think thats a really trick setup, I might have to do that myself. Maybe you could post a writeup of it, with a link to the shower head if possible?

I might do a little write-up. My friend wants one after using it this past weekend. Until then, the head is a kitchen sink sprayer(was $5 at Loews) basically, I found the head, then found the hose, then I spent an hour in the fittings isles (both water and air)The hardest part to find was a piece to seal the head to the hose(it didn't come with anything) I found a piece that mates 2 hoses together, cut off one side and pressed it through the head threaded end all the way into the hose itself. Kind of hard to picture. Like I said, I will make another soon and detail it for you.

I used it for 1 shower and every meal for 2 days clean up, still had a gallon at least left. Defiantly shined for camp chores. 10 psi seams to be just fine.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
The ghetto version of 4x4mike's
No tap needed
Purchase a brass hose bib with 1/2 npt threads
Just screw it into the opening on the cap (it will cut the threads)
Unscrew and wrap with thread tape and reinstall

LCI 5 gal jug $20
HD hose bib $5

You can lay it flat or on end
No shower but a cheap effective water source with little to go bad

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 290

Forum statistics

Threads
Members