Australia: The Long Way Downunda

oldosc

oldosc

Afternoon Gentlemen
Don't know if this camp fire lie is relavent, but at 74 I would like someone to note it.
Went to Auss as a 10 pound pom, did some things..finished up in Broken Hill with a willis Jeep, bought from a Maori, was fencing contracter at the time....was in the truck one night with a half coloured girl, Police with lamp poked nose in asked for her "rights"( abbos at the time had to have a paper to consume alcohol) I pointed out that she did'nt need one, he demmured, called me a pom..I wound up the window and drove off. after quarter mile I wound down the window and let his arm out...
Went back to my camp...about 3 in morning copple of traps turned up arrested me, took to station, explained that the trap in question was a proper a'***ole, and a South African, BUT he was still a Policeman, in liew of this they put socks over their boots before kicking two of my ribs in.
Next day they came to my little camp, with 5gal oil, a 10 gall petrol drum, and a bottle of Captain Kettle rum (120 proof) explained it would be a good move to move on a bit,like the Territory would be better for me.
I had an amazing 5 years in outback, and my degree in Chem Eng was not as good as my deg in No Worries
Oldosc

Scott Brady

Founder
Here are a few images from the Brisbane Caravan Show: Full Article

web.jpg

web.jpg

grimbo

Explorer
Caught up with Scott and the guys on Monday for a couple of drinks and a meal . Had a great chat and they've got a good trip out to the Flinders Ranges over the next few days. Should be a blast and should be a bunch of great photo ops too.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Hey Scott,

I am glad to hear you are having a good time over there. Quite jealous too. Say hey to the guys for me. I look forward to seeing more about your trip. Did you by chance see the Dolium Ltd. exhibit at the caravan show?

Cheers,

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Did you by chance see the Dolium Ltd. exhibit at the caravan show?

Paul,
I could be wrong, but the Dolium Ltd. crew is mostly in Western Australia. On the eastern side, most of their gear is distributed via Opposite Lock. I've never seen them at the 4WD shows here.

Cheers,
P

Awesome Mr. Brady! Looks like you are having a great time!

Love the bloke's directions a page or so back.... "two hours on the other side of..." "then another ten minutes to...."
My kind of directions right there!

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Paul,
I could be wrong, but the Dolium Ltd. crew is mostly in Western Australia. On the eastern side, most of their gear is distributed via Opposite Lock. I've never seen them at the 4WD shows here.

Cheers,
P

Ah. That makes sense. Worth asking. Adrian at Dolium is a friend. Haven't seen him in a while.

Cheers,

Scott Brady

Founder
Just made it to Broken Hill after being in the Outback. Time for a shower and a nice dinner.

The Flinders were exceptional
hilux.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Internet is surprisingly difficult to come by in AU.

Image #1: Austin getting ready for the next shot.
Image #2: 2010 LR3 on SkyTrek. A super fun loop track in the Flinders.
Image #3: Taking the 200 out towards the dry salt lake bed.

More soon. On the home stretch to the Brisbane airport.

Attachments

• austin.jpg
    austin.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 26
  • skytrek.jpg
    skytrek.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 37
  • skytrek (1).jpg
    skytrek (1).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 40

mph

Expedition Leader
What were your initial impressions of the 200? I am sure it had all the goodies on it too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94