XJ Blower....*drool*.....

reece146

Automotive Artist
275 hp / 300 lb-ft on 91 octane?

I'd rather have a stroker running 87 octane that gets better torque numbers.

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Hmm fits a TJ as well :wings:

Price does suck but I have not found much else cheaper.

Frank

Explorer
275 hp / 300 lb-ft on 91 octane?

I'd rather have a stroker running 87 octane that gets better torque numbers.

And for $4000 you could build a really really nice stroker.

The coolness factor is there but the price tag is scary.

I would not even consider this blower system if I were thinking about ways to add power to my Jeep.

CoronaKJ

Adventurer
I called and he said it would work on the yj 4.0L as well as long as you switch the power steering pump with a newer one off a tj. Pretty pricey but pretty cool. Not C.A.R.B. compliant yet but he is working on it and hopes to be C.A.R.B. certified by the end of the year. He says it should only take 3-4 hours to install so for me that means at least 8 :)

catfish

Blowers are not harmful to the engine if its in proper tune and is not pinging.

But for $4k, its out my budget by a long shot.

I'd rather see a kit, or someone adapt one from a Ford SuperCoupe or the 3.8 Buick that is supercharged. :victory:

Then junkyard parts and it would be affordable.

Frank

Explorer
6-7psi can be added to about any engine with proper timing, fuel and ignition.

Again, its $4000. My pockets may soon get deeper and I have major plans for my XJ and hopefully my wifes JK. A $4000 blower is not something I would consider.

For $4000 you can purchase a 300hp complete stroker engine with a nice warranty.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
For $4000 you can purchase a 300hp complete stroker engine with a nice warranty.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. You get better numbers for the same price and have the warranty, but if you hot rod it too hard with a blower on a tired old engine and mess something up the company that sold you the blower would probably say you are SOL because the super charger performed as intended and it isn't their fault you broke it. If a guy had 10 grand though, a blower and stroker would be sweet. But we're talking jeeps here, not dragsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles