Don't call it expedition white ... the next Pangaea truck: 04 DII

jrose609

Explorer
The lights on the a-bar are LR genuine lights...they have issues with going through relays. I have those on the bumper and FF1000s on the roof rack.

X2. We just picked up a 2006 LR3 with A-bar and lights. Factory LR lights. Same as yours

pangaea

Adventurer
Nice looking Rig.

Not sure if I talked to you Nathan or someone else at SEMA Nov. 2009. Had a nice looking 110 with diesel swap.

If this is the truck you're thinking of, that was me:

blackdragon09.jpg

Are you the former Audi mechanic?

Drop me a line and we can meet up. There's a good bunch of guys here on the Front Range.

burn_e

Adventurer
What's the commotion about a white car (or disco in this case)?

If you like white cars come to the Middle East and enjoy 80% of all cars in white or like this :26_16_2:

Last edited:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
White is most often associated with expedition vehicles for several reasons-
1) They are the best back drop for any corporate decals or sponsor decals
2) They are "vanilla" in the sense of a starting place to build a vehicle,
and finally
3) They stay cool in the hot sun. Temp difference inside a white truck verses a darker color can be very substantial and possibly life saving is stuck somewhere in the blazing sun.

D

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
.....and White cars don't show the desert pinstriping as obviously. Though.....that could be seen as a disadvantage by some:sombrero:

pangaea

Adventurer
I've been busy working on and playing with the Disco the past few weeks. To start off, I decided to replace the old metal rear lamp guards with the G4 style ones. I think it's a cleaner design, it doesn't stick out as far to catch on branches, etc and it matches the front G4 lamp guards.

oldlamp.jpg

The old style

newlamp.jpg

The new lamp guards

pangaea

Adventurer
Next up has been fitting the rooftop tent.

Big thanks to Keith at RoverTracks, he helped me modify the SD rack so that I could mount a Howling Moon Stargazer Roof Top Tent.

After cutting the top rail where the tent will go, we closed off the railing near the step in the rack.

keithweld.jpg

Then we fabbed up some tabs for the mounting points on the tent.

tabs.jpg

pangaea

Adventurer
Climbing up and down the ladder, I discovered out that some of the plastikote-type finish on the top rear ladder step had cracked and let moisture weep in under the paint.

So I took the ladder off, stripped the old coating off and repainted it.

rearladder.jpg

Yeah, I know its time to clean out the roll cart.

pangaea

Adventurer
We did a late night tent installation to get out the door to the desert in time.

TentNight.jpg

Got into Moab about the same time as a nice little winter storm. It snowed at the higher elevations, but rained down in the canyons.

I got my first chance to really test out the truck on Beef Basin Rd. We eventually got turned back because of street tires on the Jeep and trail had turned to slick goo. But WOW! that ETC and CDL combination is pretty amazing once you learn how to use them.

BeefMud.jpg

pangaea

Adventurer
Sleeping in the Howling Moon Stargazer roof top tent. BTW - It's a great tent.... I'm super happy with it.

D2valley.jpg

I'm looking forward to sleeping with it in warmer weather, when I can take off the rain fly and open up the roof panels

pangaea

Adventurer
A few more pics of the truck from our trip.

In Glen Canyon NRA, near Hite.

D2Hite.jpg

Heading through one of my favorite spots, Black Dragon Canyon, with the CRD Libby:

D2BlackDragon.jpg

And by the way, I originally wanted a silver truck, but the "expo" white is really growing on me.

Great photos Nathan, I'm ready to go....well sometime in May :)

Looking forward to details re the tent too!

Cheers,

KAA (had my Pangea tee-shirt on last night...as close to outdoors as I'll get for a bit)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz