Pro-4X Build Thread

gwhipp

Observer
Thule Roof Rack

I figure next season when camping, I will attach the bikes to the roof of the truck and leave the bed for gear only. I am only missing one part...the roof rack.

IMG_0933.JPG

Clean roof with no holes.

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

Lines are taped and now comes the scary part.

IMG_0939.JPG

One down, 9 to go. I decided on 5 holes per rail. Two at the front, one in the middle, two on the end. The rails were trimmed about 6" from 42" to 36".

IMG_0952.JPG

The finished product.

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

TP42 Thule Roof Rails

43050 Thule Complete Tracker II rack

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Yea the roof cuts always tuff. Ive done it to a few vehicles for Ham radio roof antenna. Just gotta think its prob fairly cheap to repair.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
How do you like the ARB rear step bumper? It seems like it may sit a little low just in the limited pictures I have seen. I like how it wraps around the bedsides but just concerned with the clearance. Worse or better then stock? Just seeing what your thoughts were after having it for a while. Thanks.

gwhipp

Observer
How do you like the ARB rear step bumper? It seems like it may sit a little low just in the limited pictures I have seen. I like how it wraps around the bedsides but just concerned with the clearance. Worse or better then stock? Just seeing what your thoughts were after having it for a while. Thanks.

After having the bumper about a year and a half, I am still very happy with it. I took my mud flaps off and there are some rock chips in the finish just behind the wheels, but I was expecting that.

The bumper fits very close to the body. I'd be more concerned about body damage if the bumper didn't weigh 90+ pounds. It is pretty solid.

As far a clearance goes, I think it has a bit better clearance than the factory bumper and trailer receiver.

Great looking rig!

Thanks! One day there will be a winch mounted in the front bumper. Any suggestions? :bike_rider:

davidshourd

Adventurer
I like the roof rack deal. I just ordered the parts up, hopefully get here to install this weekend. If you had to do any part of the rack differently, what would it be? lessons learned? thanks man! and your truck is looking great.

gwhipp

Observer
I like the roof rack deal. I just ordered the parts up, hopefully get here to install this weekend. If you had to do any part of the rack differently, what would it be? lessons learned? thanks man! and your truck is looking great.

I don't think I would change actually. The rails are a bit noisy on the road, but I expected that. I plan on ordering the Thule Fairing to reduce wind noise.

For the majority of the time, I detach the rails and leave them locked in my truck tool box.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
After having the bumper about a year and a half, I am still very happy with it. I took my mud flaps off and there are some rock chips in the finish just behind the wheels, but I was expecting that.

The bumper fits very close to the body. I'd be more concerned about body damage if the bumper didn't weigh 90+ pounds. It is pretty solid.

As far a clearance goes, I think it has a bit better clearance than the factory bumper and trailer receiver.

Thanks! One day there will be a winch mounted in the front bumper. Any suggestions? :bike_rider:

One of our low-profile winches should fit in there: XD9000, M8000, or the 9.5XP (which will be the best performer). You can give our Customer Service department a ring to double-check fitment. 1-800-543-9276

- Andy

HeftyFabworks

One of our low-profile winches should fit in there: XD9000, M8000, or the 9.5XP (which will be the best performer). You can give our Customer Service department a ring to double-check fitment. 1-800-543-9276

- Andy

Any non integrated solenoid winch will fit.....Thats how I built it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles