g wagon lift kits

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
yea. i contacted him a few weeks ago... and its still a few weeks.

Sorry, but new product development eats up time and every time you think it's done......
I have been promised to have the "new design" on hand at the Oregon G-wagen Gathering in June:smiley_drive:

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
Sorry, but new product development eats up time and every time you think it's done......
I have been promised to have the "new design" on hand at the Oregon G-wagen Gathering in June:smiley_drive:

sehr gut Karl! Care to share any details with us? :coffeedrink:

Scott Brady

Founder
I can see some 255/85s and a few inch lift on my 463.

How does the G handle the change in castor, or is there an easy way to adjust the castor? Mine gets a slight wabble at certain speeds in a turn. That would be greatly exaggerated with the change in castor.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor

How does the G handle the change in castor, or is there an easy way to adjust the castor? Mine gets a slight wabble at certain speeds in a turn. That would be greatly exaggerated with the change in castor.

That's sissy skinny tire......How about some nice 285/75 16 BFG AT's.

A man of your statue should leave some decent tracks - and just hold onto the steering wheel tightly :Wow1:

zimm

Expedition Leader

mine too, highway speed, downhill right hand turn. im betting thats built into the geometry. my solution is gonna be putting the later, bigger steering stabilizer on.

i dont consider 255's skinnis. that still nominal 10 inch, and what i have on my 76 fj40. they look about right..... although.... id like to see you get them first. :)

sps

Not fair calling them sissy tires. I'm having some 255/85/16's installed today. Will Post pics tomorrow.

My G has a little over 1" of lift and I haven't suffered any problems. I haven't tried the 2"-3" range and won't. I just don't need it and apparently moatbothers don't either.

meafordmike

Adventurer
I wonder if some day down the road our fine gov't here in Canada will sell these off as surplus??? One can only hope, and start saving arctic pesos!
I hope! I wanted to buy the one I had all shot up in Afghanistan, but it kept us safe.
I think the Up armoured ones would be pretty heavy for a overland truck.

zimm

Expedition Leader

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke