Mr. Leary's 3rd gen 4runner

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Future mods that will come about in the near future include a custom made full length roof rack, Tundra 231mm brake upgrade, Camburg upper control arms, and possibly a RTT. There may also be other assorted shananigans and whatchamacallits fabricated, like a gas can carrier in the stock spare location, and maybe a ladder from the bumper to the roof rack. These are all short term, and will be added in 2010.

The_Mrs. and I are set on a Sherpa RL trailer, but it will be a while before we can swing the cash to get it in the driveway. Once the trailer is here, the next phase will be reinvesting in more, better recovery gear.

At some point, I will re-gear to 4.88. It would be nice, but my foot isn't heavy enough to need it and it can wait a while.

I will generally try to upgrade parts as they wear out.

First question: Are there any upgrade radiators for the 3.4 V6?

Second question: Are there any upgrade CV axles for the '99 4Runner? When I re-gear, I will throw a locker in there, and would like any extra beef I can get up there short of an SAS.

Last edited:

SafariRNR

:xxrotflma

Sorry.

No, seriously, its nicely modded. As Mike would say, its way more capable than his driving skills.

I don't see whats so crazy about it. Mild lift, locker, 32's, and some recovery gear. I'm working on a very similar setup only milder lift and an e-locker rather than the ARB. Am I missing something??

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I don't see whats so crazy about it. Mild lift, locker, 32's, and some recovery gear. I'm working on a very similar setup only milder lift and an e-locker rather than the ARB. Am I missing something??

Its more capable than I am... but nothing to make the headlines. I think what he was talking about is certian mods like my bumper... fit for the apocalypse....

Scott and I were just discussing yesterday how it is overbuilt for what I want to do with it, however. A little to fancy to park at the trail head for hiking. Oh well... thinkin' about getting a subaru outback for DD and hiking trips.

Yeah what Mike said.

I just like prodding him on because of the coined "Dallas bling"... and a few other things. I do feel for him because of the fact of what he just mentioned about not being able to comfortably park at the trails and leave it there for a few days of hiking. The truck is a real head turner. Hell, I found him by seeing it in a parking lot and did a bit of searching on ExPo. Now I'm the pain in the *** guy that acts like I'm helping him work on his truck.

Mike, when are we swapping in the new radiator?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Very clean rig!!
IMG_0289.jpg

I like all of the thought and effort that made it all integrate so well.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Mike,

Nice looking rig. Nicley done.

How many miles do you have on it now? The reason I am asking is my 94 year old father has the same 99 4Runner in his garage and only drives it to grocery shop and make doctor visits. I think his still only has about 40K original miles on it. It's going to make someone very happy when he decides to sell it.:elkgrin:

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Mike,

Nice looking rig. Nicley done.

How many miles do you have on it now? The reason I am asking is my 94 year old father has the same 99 4Runner in his garage and only drives it to grocery shop and make doctor visits. I think his still only has about 40K original miles on it. It's going to make someone very happy when he decides to sell it.:elkgrin:

I has just shy of 185k on it now.

I'm surprised Mike didnt mention the accident .... :eek:

Poor Tom died helping change the radiator....:(

I did have the camera out and took a picture of what happened... but its on Mike's camera... maybe he'll post it up.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
I'm surprised Mike didnt mention the accident .... :eek:

Poor Tom died helping change the radiator....:(

I did have the camera out and took a picture of what happened... but its on Mike's camera... maybe he'll post it up.

"Accident" was I tried to keep up with Aggie last weekend at Barnwell. Cracked my radiator.... poor Bones.... he was so helpful, though! Got a gold star! :coffeedrink:

The pics are on my camera... and I will not get back to the house until next week. Pics will have to wait a while... along with everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles