Mercedes GL

Globetrotter

I'm planning a circumnavigatio trip (a trip around the world) : the car I selected (not bought) is a Mercedes GL 450 CDI. Does someone ever tested such car in real offroad driving ? Can someone advise me about the durability of the GL in extrem conditions - extrem cold or hot weather ?

Thanks for your answers !

Indiana Drew

Observer
I'm planning a circumnavigatio trip (a trip around the world) : the car I selected (not bought) is a Mercedes GL 450 CDI. Does someone ever tested such car in real offroad driving ? Can someone advise me about the durability of the GL in extrem conditions - extrem cold or hot weather ?

Thanks for your answers !

In the US we can only get the GL with 320 Bluetec and no locking Diffs. Look forward to someone else offering you a useful answer, but here unfortunately MB only sees the GL as a grocery getter ... :coffee:

Globetrotter

I'm living in Germany (homeland of Mercedes), and there you can get a Mercedes GL 450CDI with Offroad Package (especially locking differencial, an so on).

So, perhaps a EU citizen can give me his advice concerning the GL in extrem conditions...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles