two person cot? does it exist?

Mayne

Explorer
Does anyone know of a double or full or queen size camp beding arangement. I've done the air mattress thing, (coleman) and all the surgically corrected bits (shoulder and back) scream after three hours. I have a cabelas cot and foam pad that does wonders, but the better have still likes to snuggle after 12 years, so a single will not do.

any help would be great.

Mayne

Mayne

Explorer
Miss R2FJ said:
I could have swore I posted this here on Expo as well but couldn't find the thread through search. Here is my review of the Kamp Rite Double Tent Cot: http://azfj.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=615

Hope that helps!

Yeah I've seen this set up on the net, is there a way to get rid of the tent part of it? I have a tent, and well my two dogs are spoiled. One will not stand to be out of line of sight, the other may be okay with it, too soon to tell.

Thanks Mayne

RHINO

Expedition Leader
have you looked at hide-a-beds and things like that not affiliated with camping per se?

Robert Bills

Explorer
If you have the room to store it, an Aero Bed (as seen on TV) is a good alternative to the typical air mattress designed for camping. When filled, it is a true "queen" mattress that can use fitted sheets if you desire. It is considerably more comfortable than any camping air mattress I have ever used, and nearly as comfortable as my bed at home. It does take up more room than a "camping" mattress when packed, but comes with its own compressor. I borrowed one a few years ago to use in the camper shell of my truck and liked it so much that I bought it. (Actually, it probably needs less space to pack than a 2-person cot.)

The compressor runs on 110v, but I usually power mine with an el cheapo 300 watt inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter. (Admittedly I have to run the engine to provide enough juice to power the compressor without getting a "fault" light on the inverter, but I doubt I would need to if I had a "real" inverter, and I only need to run the engine when filling the mattress from empty. Don't need to when just topping off.)

Just a thought.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Sportsmans Warehouse has one that is at least full size. Not sure if it is Queen.
We go with the King Air mattress and the Adam and Eve sleeping bag from Cabelas. It's comfy. ;)

Mayne

Explorer
Thanks all of you for the info, I will definatley look into these. I have the tent room for a big set up, at 144' sq I don't worry to much about space.

Thank you again it's really nice to have all this experiance in one place.

Kelley

Now if I can only figure out how to grow younger....J/K!

markitect54

Double Cot

It's two years later and I'm looking for the same thing Mayne was. Mayne, are you still out there and how did you make out with the double cot search. My wife and I are looking for the same thing. Went camping this past weekend, and the air mattress on the floor just doesn't have the charm it used to. I agre with the figuring out how to grow younger thing!
If anyone else has had luck in this area please let me know. The Tent-cot doesn't really work inside a larger tent.
Thanks!
Mtect

paulj

Expedition Leader
Isn't there an fundamental problem with a double cot - everything sags toward the middle? If a cot is defined as fabric stretch on a frame, then sagging is inevitable - though less with a stronger, and heavier frame. A double cot with a frame member across the middle solves that problem, but does not help with cuddling.

markitect54

A double cot with a frame member across the middle solves that problem, but does not help with cuddling.

I've thought about that, but even with the center member, it would be better than separate sleeping bags on separate cots. I have considered just zip tieing two cots together...

Mayne

Explorer
It's two years later and I'm looking for the same thing Mayne was. Mayne, are you still out there and how did you make out with the double cot search. My wife and I are looking for the same thing. Went camping this past weekend, and the air mattress on the floor just doesn't have the charm it used to. I agre with the figuring out how to grow younger thing!
If anyone else has had luck in this area please let me know. The Tent-cot doesn't really work inside a larger tent.
Thanks!
Mtect

Nope, didn't find anything worth looking at. Came to the conclusion that it was either a traile style tent thingy or a really good camp pad.

Mayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles