Pics of expedition outfitted G's

Indiana Drew

Observer
Here are a few more images ... Karl - not quite as scenic as yours!

web.jpg

Attachments

• 06-15-08_1501.jpg
    06-15-08_1501.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Karl,

Love the simplicity and functionality of your interior and that sleeping platform. I would like to do something similar in my 4 door Wrangler. Can you post more pics of your interior, rear seats up, rear seats down, platform extended. Does the platform consist of individual panels or are they hinged together? How do you support the platform part when it is extended? Can you post some pics, a blueprint or even better, come here and build one for me lol :wings:

I guess I went a little overboard here but any insight is highly appreciated!

Jwestpro

Explorer
I love this one:

What's under the rear covered area? Sweet rack. We like to open our Hannibal over the side to create more covered area from rain and the rear awning over the back door and full length side awning on left. One with both awnings is prior to tent but it shows the idea.

Attachments

• lr3.tent.rp.jpg
    lr3.tent.rp.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 368
  • awning-tents.sasquatch.jpg
    awning-tents.sasquatch.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 333

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Karl,

Love the simplicity and functionality of your interior and that sleeping platform. I would like to do something similar in my 4 door Wrangler. Can you post more pics of your interior, rear seats up, rear seats down, platform extended. Does the platform consist of individual panels or are they hinged together? How do you support the platform part when it is extended? Can you post some pics, a blueprint or even better, come here and build one for me lol :wings:

I guess I went a little overboard here but any insight is highly appreciated!

Michael you are funny.....

The sleeping platform/storage shelf doesn't need to be extended. The rear seat back rests are folding perfectly forward and the platform design just adds the flat area in the rear. The system consists of multiple panel bolted together with metric stainless steel hardware and finished with original Mercedes-Benz carpets.
Designed during a rainy night, camping in Death Valley, sleeping on the front seat and not wanting to crawl into the Hannibal tent upstairs......
Trying to adhere to : Form follows Function & Less is More:victory:

You can find more details at
http://g-wagenaccessories.com/index_files/Page1499.htm

Thanks for your kind words

Karl

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for the link, Karl. I was not familiar with the rear seats of the G not folding flat; normally a disadvantage, but for this application it works in your favor. The seats of the JK Unlimited fold flat, which means I will have to find a good way to extend the platform to the front seats when the rear seats are folded down.

Michael,

I have to correct you.......the rear-seat seat-backs are folding perfectly forward & flat and together with the platform giving you a real nice sleeping area. If you move the front seat forward you'll end up with a 76" long and around 48" wide bedroom

Sorry, don't speak de language that well.....:)

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Me not either ;) Wir koennten auch ruhig Deutsch schreiben, but that wouldn't be fair to our friends on this forum.

I'm a Fischkopf....so I'm always drawn to the Ocean but I also like the solitude of the desert like Death Valley.

This G-forum is now moving a bit:smiley_drive: people seems to figure out:

Life's to short to drive a Land Rover......:sombrero:

Karl

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Karl,

I like the bed platform, but was really glad to see a bottle of Franziskaner in the back. Would have been more impressed if it had been a Dunkel, though. :sombrero:

Yes. I understand.......but I'm a lightweight:)

Jwestpro

Explorer
anyone know more about the lifted G in the background here (left side - dark G lwb)? It looks rather lifted even compared to the Gbeast in the forground

Attachments

• 2910505020.jpg
    2910505020.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 360

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94