Slee 200 Build Link

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Looks cool, but seriosly, those are the wheels and tires you go with after all of that effort. I like it, except I wish they'd put on a set of GOOD tires. Not some worn down street AT's It's like having Phelps swim the 100... in a deep-sea diving suit.

Cheers

Dave

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Weren't those the Nitto Terra-Grapplers? I haven't run them myself, but I hear a lot of good things about them.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
As far as I have read that bumper is the only one Slee has/will make, at least at the present time. Kaymar has a bumper in the works and Christo feels its a pretty good solution for the 200. I am of course paraphrasing from a thread on 'Mud :sombrero:.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Weren't those the Nitto Terra-Grapplers? I haven't run them myself, but I hear a lot of good things about them.

Really??? I steer clear of Nito Tires for multiple reasons... Those are no different, but that is for another thread.

Plus on your brand new Top of the heap build you throw a fairly worn looking set of tires on that just don't do anything for the truck visualy??? Say what you want about Function over Form, but this IS about looks to some degree, and those look terrible.

Cool truck though Wheels and tires aside.

Cheers

Dave

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Having seen the 200 in person at various stages of the build, note that the truck was partially built then driven all summer through I believe parts of Canada and Alaska multi-thousands of miles.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
The Nitto Terra Grappler is a great AT tire although I prefer the Yokohama AT-S myself.

I really don't see the problem with how the tire looks either, not that it has anything to do with performance.

Attachments

• ntg.jpg
    ntg.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 46

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Having seen the 200 in person at various stages of the build, note that the truck was partially built then driven all summer through I believe parts of Canada and Alaska multi-thousands of miles.
That would make alot of sense then and I guess then I understand the state of the rolling stock. No way around that on a truck that's driven like it's supposed to be. A road trip would aslo definatly explain the overal size as well instead of some taller trail meats like alot of their trucks are on from time to time. I'm guessing if it was on display it might be dressed up differently eh ;)

I now am not so against the looks of the new 200. I've been thinking I might change my mind if it was all dressed up. Then I saw the one at SEMA I belive the tanish one with the full kit adn now this Slee product. Seeing what Christo did to this truck makes me belive in the platform even more. Although I still am worried about all the electronics from a longevity and severe service aspect, if Slee built one and wheels it you can bet they'll find the bugs and have a fix for them eh.

I'm intrested to hear Slee is NOT going to be making any other bumpers for these and is defering to Kaymar if I read it correctly??? Is there a connection between the two co.'s that I'm not aware of (and that wich I am not aware of could fill a book eh ;) ) ??? And will Slee offer all of the other bits and pieces for the 200??? So many questions jeez... hahahaha

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

latinoguy

Adventurer
Nice looking 200 series. There is another nicely build 200 series around my neighborhood as well. Believe the guy lives in Palm Desert, CA.

Nothing wrong with the Nitto Ats. I run them myself and it is a good expedition tire at least for the 295 size...not too many 295 options to begin with.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Nice looking 200 series. There is another nicely build 200 series around my neighborhood as well. Believe the guy lives in Palm Desert, CA.

Nothing wrong with the Nitto Ats. I run them myself and it is a good expedition tire at least for the 295 size...not too many 295 options to begin with.

I'm pretty sure that guy in on IH8mud. I believe his screen name is "dtt255".

Here are the mods he lists in his sig:

200 Series /Grey and Grey / Slee Off Road Black Sliders / Nitto Terra Grapplers / ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn 12000 winch / Viking Synthetic Cable / OME 2" Lift / ARB Rear Lockers / Total Chaos Upper Control Arms / ICON Rear Control Arms / Rasta Skid Plates / American Racing Vice Black Rims

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online