who knew? Pope an xtreme off-roader

Status
Not open for further replies.

haven

Expedition Leader
The Pope's rad G-Wagen was spotted recently in Vatican City

g500.jpg

Looks like ExPo White is popular everywhere.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Funny, he doesn't look like the Pope..... And his G-Wagon looks like a VW Thing.

This may be as close as we ever get to the old question, "What would Jesus drive?"

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Ahhhh but this isn't the first time a Pope has been equipped with a vehicle that can endure the rugged outdoors. We would be remiss if we did not mention PJP2's Rangie (which sold on eBay for $6500).

Shovel

Dreaming Ape
I was thinkin' ol Jesus would drive the same thing a lot of Jesus's drive... pickup truck with a ladder rack. How else can he be expected to run a successful carpentry business in this age?

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Shovel said:
I was thinkin' ol Jesus would drive the same thing a lot of Jesus's drive... pickup truck with a ladder rack. How else can he be expected to run a successful carpentry business in this age?
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I say the G-wagen fits... Originaly designed by Hitler and ol' pope Bene was part of "Hitlers youth"... Cool old FJ though.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Originally designed by Hitler? LOL

Who knew??!
Yep, the original G-Wagen (the Glandewagen) was comissioned by Hitler to be his go anywhere command car, and there was even a 6wd version with rear tandem axles... Same with the KubbelWagen aka the VW Thing. Despite the obviously terrible history surrounding said person and the atrocities he commited the history, to me, is fascinating... Maybe it's just the universe balancing it's self out, but a few cool things came out of and because of one of the worlds most terrible people: VW, The G-Waggen...I'm sure there re a few more.

here she be: this is the 6wd'er called the G4:
h14tn9.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

rdb4Runner

Observer
We wouldn't have VW, specifically the beetle, the G-Wagon, the Autobahn, or Ramstein AB if it wasn't for Hitler. Not exactly a fair trade but hey. Also, I thought I'd add that us Americans killed over half a million Japanese(primarily civilians) during WWII(and all we got is Jeep). And that doesn't take into account the deformations and disease for decades to follow. Also, the Hitler Youth in most cases did not offer a choice in membership, as was the case with the Nazi party...you either joined or you might as well have been Jewish yourself. Anyway, if everyone had just taken their G-Wagens and gone overlanding there wouldn't have been a problem right?:smiley_drive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles