2023 New OEV High Country Hard Wall Camper Flatbed and Fixed

Ninelitetrip

Not much yet, no pictures. No news on a Hard Wall HBE 8-foot version yet.

Note: There is a Flatbed version and a Fixed version)

Starts At $122,500.00 USD / $ CAD

**Requires OEV HD Aluma Tray sold separate** (Also requires Cab Chassis)

(
High Country Hard Wall Fixed Cabin Starts At $146,175.00 USD / $ CAD)

2023 Standard & Optional Features

• External Dimensions 193” L x 81.25” W x 86”
  • Internal Dimensions: 190” L x 71.5” W x 80”
  • Powder coated aluminum extrusions
  • OEV gen 4 composite walls and roof = 1.5” (38.1mm) (<=R8)
    1.5” (38.1mm) honeycomb poly propylene floor (>=R5)
  • DOT LED lighting
  • Spec’d for a factory ford F350 or Dodge 3500, 4×4, 60” cab to chassis (diesel or gas)
  • Cabin dry weight: tbd

Interior

• 2.5” high under bed storage plus a 6” queen size mattress
• Snap on vinyl window cover for entry door
• Screen door
• (6) dual pane acrylic windows on the passenger and driver side in the dinette area
• 51” wide driver side/39” wide passenger side (north/south) u-shaped dinette – folds down into bed
• Marine fabrics for all cushions
• 4” medium density foam cushions
• High traffic grade lonseal vinyl flooring
• Powder coated aluminum interior cabinetry (upper and lower)
• 3 ply bamboo countertop and table
Starboard door and drawer fronts
• Wet bath
• Fire extinguisher (abc)

Exterior

• OEV powder coated aluminum rub rail
• High Country graphics package

Electrical

• (2)-200W roof mounted solar panels
• Victron soc display
Victron Smart Solar 100/30 mppt controller
Victron Orion dc/dc charger
• 2000W victron multiplus compact 12/2000/80 inverter (w/charger) w/remote on/off
• Victron cerbo gx colour display w/Bluetooth and tank level indication
• (2)-ac 110v plugs
• LED PS amber exterior side light
• LED exterior DS/Rear light
• LED interior lighting
• 164L dc compressor fridge/freezer
• Smoke/CO/LP detectors

Plumbing/Heating/Cooling

• (1)-multi speed roof vent
• 38-gal freshwater tank w/12v pump and sight gauge
• 15-gal gray water tank (in Cabin)
• Sagiv outside shower connection
• S/S sink w/J-handle faucet and glass top
• S/S single burner propane and removable single burner induction cooktop
• Truma Combi cabin heater
• Thetford C223CS cassette toilet

Options

• Additional pair of 200W solar panels
• Additional multispeed roof fan
• OEV ladder
• OEV molle rack
• Marine roof hatch for over the bed
• OEV front cabin off-road light bar (does not include lights)
• Air conditioning (split system) works in conjunction with chassis compressor (truck must be running)
• Air conditioning (roof mount) – dc powered (dometic coolair rtx 1000)
• Air conditioning (roof mount) – dc powered (dometic coolair rtx 2000)
• Queen bed north/south configuration
• Wrappon toilet – replaces the standard spec thetford cartridge toilet
• Victron 100Ah agm battery (note-std spec does not come with a battery)
• Relion LT100Ah LiFePO4 battery (note-std spec does not come with a battery)
• Lithioncs 320Ah LiFePO4 battery (note-std spec does not come with a battery)

**Note: ALUMA TRAY sold separate**

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
Pasting my comment from the other thread into this thread.
-------------------------------------

Very interesting that they have two version of the High Country Hardwall; one that is fixed (Starts At $146,175.00 USD) and one that is removable with the model-specific flatbed (Starts At $122,500.00 USD). Base camp now lists only soft top. Hard to determine where this falls in the lineup and why they are splitting out the HW and SW into different models and dimensions rather than designing one camper than can be both (like the Base Camp used to be). Perhaps to offer no compromises, a SW and HW simply demand different enough layouts that completely different campers is justified. It's getting to the point where they have so many models (which is great!) that they need a "comparison chart" for easier reference.

So, based on 2023 starting prices in USD (CA not available for High Country, but I'm just using the base price to sort):
Hudson Bay SW 6.75' - $67,244 (not counting tray)
Hudson Bay SW 8' - $68,072 (not counting tray)
High Country HW removable - $122,500 (not counting tray)
Base Camp SW - $159,000
Hight Country HW fixed - $146,175
Summit - $263,285

Looks like there may still be room for a Hudson Bay HW with the price spread between the Hudson Bay 8' SW and the High Country HW removable.

Crux

2900+ dry weight without any bells or whistles, so a 350/3500 might not have enough payload after gear, water, people, etc.
Might need a 450/4500?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Also pasted my post from the HBE SW thread;

Just spied the new OEV HighCountry pricing...gazooks! Sweet rig, and it looks awesome Photoshopped on my truck, but how are they gonna sell any of these when it appears to be a larger HBE HW or a smaller Summit without subframe/boxes?

And as stated in the HBE SW thread by sn_85, a HW should in some ways be not much more $ than an SW as its just larger panels for a HW, but no lifting roof/material/etc...so production would appear more straightforward for a HW than a SW.

As chadx mentioned, HBE SW is currently at $68k on one end (https://overlandex.com/8-camp-hbe/), a Summit is $263k on the other end (https://overlandex.com/summit-opt2/).
If an HBE HW is $78k let's say, I'm not sure where the extra $45k super-premium (WITHOUT ANY BATTERIES!!) resides for the HC HW; exterior tree-limb rack guards, 5 windows, full entry door, full wet bath(will the HBE HW have that?), bit longer upper cabinets, a larger dinette in the HC HW--yes, I've seen a spy picture of the interior...but at quick glance, basically a HC HW is just a bit longer than an HBE HW would be.

And the optional north-south sleeping setup in the HC HW is absolute silly pricing IMHO.
I think someone at OEV may have fallen off the crazy train with some of these figures the HC/BC/Summit are going for.

PS; 2900lbs dry?? Why so damn heavy, jeebus! Other cabins this thick aren't anywhere near that heavy empty, then add in a lightweight interior, and I don't understand why it would weigh that much. <slump, disappointed>
It'd DEFINITELY be time for a 450/4500 or 550/5500. My AterraXL was ~1500-1600lbs wet(with the mounting "spacer" added), and on my F350, having been very very conscientious of weight, I'm currently at 11,250lbs max GVW, which is right about at Ford's GVW. No way in hell you could do an OEV HC on an 350/3500 and not be eclipsing mfr's GVW. That stinks, as it completely reduces wheel/tire and susp options, maybe even causing titling/insurance restrictions in some states? :(

Last edited:

Chadx

2900+ dry weight without any bells or whistles, so a 350/3500 might not have enough payload after gear, water, people, etc.
Might need a 450/4500?

Did you see a weight published somewhere or have conversation with OEV guys? Was that for the HC fixed or flatbed? Though, being that the Base Camp soft top is 2,950lb, it's a safe guess. So just curious.

As for chassis, in my opinion:
Hudson Bay and Alpine = 2500/250 or 3500/350 series
Base Camp = 3500/350 series
High Country = 4500/450 series (though the spec on the website says for 3500/350 for both the fixed and flatbed versions)
Summit = 5500/550 series

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Did you see a weight published somewhere or have conversation with OEV guys? Was that for the HC fixed or flatbed? Though, being that the Base Camp soft top is 2,950lb, it's a safe guess. So just curious.

As for chassis, in my opinion:
Hudson Bay and Alpine = 2500/250 or 3500/350 series
Base Camp = 3500/350 series
High Country = 4500/450 series (though the spec on the website says for 3500/350 for both the fixed and flatbed versions)
Summit = 5500/550 series

I don't see how the BC can be on a 350/3500, if these weight keep increasing like they are. Anyone know the GVW of some of the BC's that have been finished already?

Confirmed there will be a HBE HW (8') ?

Seen pricing for options (N/S bed) ?

Wt source ?

Seen pics ?

I was hoping to be in the loop, hmm ...

Unsure on HBE HW 8'. Anyone heard anything about this?

N/S bed, 16" longer cabover, 2 powdercoated aluminum storage bins; ~$9k

Weight source? I didn't ask for weights, I was still picking myself up off the floor after I saw the pricing.

Yep. Looks sweet, but not for the price IMHO.

I think info is coming out soon, I just was in the early notification club I guess. Happy to put you in touch with the people who can assist. Message me D.

Ninelitetrip

Some details posted and pictures

Chadx

- (diesel or gas) cabin heater and oev hydronic system.
Will be interesting to see implementation details of that, but I think they have the specs mixed up because only the fixed High Country comes with diesel heater/hydronic and full induction cooktop. OEV has diesel/hydronic listed Flatbed PDF. The flatbed high country comes with propane heat (truma) and one burner propane stove and removable induction burner.
Anxious to see the overall layout of interior with wet bath and the dinette seating (with drivers side wider than passenger side).

Last edited:

Ninelitetrip

The limited pictures and details are always bit frustrating. Should have interior shots posted also.

Is that a Starlink antenna on the roof?

1678590575812.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles