Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

denvertacoma

Bankruptcy is inevitable. Even if Phil sells his truck, that would barely cover his legal fees for small claims court, let alone cover enough back invoices to get enough product to finish the campers. This will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Amazing how bad planning can run a company so far into the ground when it had the opportunity to be so profitable!

Last edited:
Bankruptcy is inevitable. Even if Phil sells his truck, that would barely cover his legal fees for small claims court, let alone cover enough back invoices to get enough product to finish the campers. This will be interesting to see how it unfolds. He currently has a warrant out for his arrest. Amazing how bad planning can run a company so far into the ground when it had the opportunity to be so profitable!

Let's all be clear here rather than unnecessarily dramatic: a FTA isn't a warrant for arrest, nor is it a criminal charge unless it's found to be willful. I'm assuming that's what this fool's bench warrant is.

That's not to detract from the embarrassingly poor way he's running his brand into the ground and avoiding his paid customers. Nor how awful it is that people are having to take him to court to get refunds / payment.

I had another Calendly appointment that he missed, I rescheduled and he missed that one too as my updates for the week.

"Rollin' out the updates so we have room for more!"

Last edited:
FYI you can only sue an LLC for $5,000. Even if every person who did sue gets their money back, that's still what...$20,000? Also some over dramatic responses here. @sn_85 @denvertacoma , do either of you have a camper on order with Vagabond that you're waiting for? Or just adding bulls** with no proof out of boredom?

FWIW I spoke to Phil yesterday, and he's definitely roughing through it trying to get us the campers. I'm not supporting his business decisions or practices, but I do know he's trying to get them out to us and keep Vagabond alive. The sale of his truck is to use towards the campers and the business, not to sell off assets and hide money. Again, it's an LLC.

I'm in just as much money as everyone else. But I will sit my ass right down and keep rooting for every one to get their campers and Phil to keep VO alive.

Lord Larry

I'm order #279 so I'm a long way to go.
I'm patiently waiting, but ********** loathed of people pumping about suing Phil and technically encouraging others to do so. Not that I enjoy waiting, I just don't want to lose my money. Just want my camper. And I'm far away from Cali. D***!!

nopeoffroad

FYI you can only sue an LLC for $5,000. Even if every person who did sue gets their money back, that's still what...$20,000? Also some over dramatic responses here. @sn_85 @denvertacoma , do either of you have a camper on order with Vagabond that you're waiting for? Or just adding bulls** with no proof out of boredom?

FWIW I spoke to Phil yesterday, and he's definitely roughing through it trying to get us the campers. I'm not supporting his business decisions or practices, but I do know he's trying to get them out to us and keep Vagabond alive. The sale of his truck is to use towards the campers and the business, not to sell off assets and hide money. Again, it's an LLC.

I'm in just as much money as everyone else. But I will sit my ass right down and keep rooting for every one to get their campers and Phil to keep VO alive.

Even though you spoke to a pathological liar and he told you that he sold his truck to get you your campers, you have to analyze what the act of him selling his truck even means... Phil is having to sell his truck. A camper company owner is selling his truck. That is a ******ing last ditch effort.... to get you your campers? Maybe? To pay his mortgage, legal fees, loan payments, or rent one or two more months? maybe?

Though you mention $20,000 in lawsuits isn't much, it's a ton for a person who is selling their truck!

He has no where to go to make money. It sounds like everything being produced right now is pretty much paid in full? So he finishes your camper? You owe him maybe 2k still? he somehow finishes 4 campers in one month... that's 8k. That's probably enough to cover 1.5 month rent. Is this guy going to be able to start 10 more campers in a batch and finish them in time to make the next rent payment? No, he's selling his truck. He is at the bottom of this game.\'

This guy has told several of you he's waiting on fans and tern windows? A fan can be delivered in 2 days from amazon and installed in 30 minutes. Hes also been waiting on tern windows. I've ordered a tern window for my van and they also ship next day and take 1hr to install. This guy is working elsewhere enough to pay some overhead, buy a $250 fan when he has money and installing it when he finds the time. Again you've already paid for that fan 50 times over, but somehow now because he might be the worst businessman in history cant afford one off of amazon.

Even though you're rooting for VO, I cannot. This guy sucks and by proxy his company and product suck. You're rooting for Phil because you want your camper. You should be rooting for the company to go under so this guy stops taking money from people that wont even lay eyes on a picture of their half produced pile of aluminum.

As for people posting to this thread that don't have anything to do with VO... who gives a *******. I hAve PaID MoNEY to THis CoMPaNY anD The PatHolOgicaL LIaR OWnEr wIll OnLY TAlK TO Me.... when this is constantly at the top of a thread page because of customers getting burned, others will read into it. Who cares, they have their own opinions and find out new info... helping you. I for one no longer have skin in the game but am still curious how this ******* has dragged on this long and decided to look into court cases. Sorry for sharing some new info on the financials of a company that has 10k of your money... again our bad.

I'll tell you one thing though, that if I still had money with VO, I would be doing anything I could RIGHT NOW to recover anything I could.

I would Call my CC company and see if they can cancel the money I've paid out or file for small claims and try and get 5k back. Take whatever you can and count yourself lucky you got something back. Even if I got nothing back and this guy went under, at least I would know I would have tried. Again, though he has been given upwards of 300000 of deposit money to build you your campers, he is literally selling his truck to buy one months rent and a maxfan. He has burned tons of cash, and you think him selling his truck is going to be the miracle???

Most people have forgotten at this point but this is play by play the same thing that flip pak did. They were selling deposits to the day before they filed bankruptcy. Knowingly burning customers so they came out a little better.

Hey @SoCalTacoTruck I really hope you get your camper and everyone else will loose their money because you told them not to take him to small claims court, because 5k is a "worthless" recovery.

Lord Larry

I have seen pictures from people who stopped by showing campers are being built!!

Go ahead and call your CC and cancel your oder, but please, don't encourage others to do the same ?

nopeoffroad

I have seen pictures from people who stopped by showing campers are being built!!

Go ahead and call your CC and cancel your oder, but please, don't encourage others to do the same ?

Edit to mine: I do hope you get your campers but I also hope the majority of others get their deposits back. In a perfect world both would happen.

Lord Larry

Someone who stopped by last Friday said he saw there were a few campers ready to be picked up and a new batch is ready to be built. Most materials were there for a new batch. Quit panicking everyone because you know what's gonna happen next. Just like shortage of TPs. People got panicked and bought all the TPs from the stores!!

Lord Larry

The company I work for is still having supply chains issues. Devices, SELs, electro switches, etc are still showing up late or sometimes we ship the enclosure without them. Customers install them themselves.

The company I work for is still having supply chains issues. Devices, SELs, electro switches, etc are still showing up late or sometimes we ship the enclosure without them. Customers install them themselves.

I remember, a few years back when VO was actually building campers and talking to their customers (and before unhinged raving boogers got us kicked off TW), that some folks were getting their campers built with just a plate on top so they could self-install a fan easily.

Not having a fan in stock isn't a valid reason to hold up delivery.

Lord Larry

I understand that.
But it DOESN'T also mean campers are NOT being built. People are making it sounds like Phil has stopped building campers and we need to go get our money back ASAP. This screws people who want to wait or people who don't know about this thread or these issues and lose all their money. It is not fair for us either .

nopeoffroad

You are dealing with a pathological liar. Name off one thing on this camper and Ill will find you a leadtime on that piece. The only thing google wont find me on this is lead times on bending his aluminum and who's stitching their tent, which at this point should be 100% figured out as he would have to be working with them to tell them output and timelines.

Someone who stopped by last Friday said he saw there were a few campers ready to be picked up and a new batch is ready to be built. Most materials were there for a new batch. Quit panicking everyone because you know what's gonna happen next. Just like shortage of TPs. People got panicked and bought all the TPs from the stores!!

That's great, but at the same time, these customers were sold on 7-12 months and its been 30+ months. You telling folks not to panic might be a good argument 12 months ago, but i think you telling folks that is funny considering VO news. Again VO is being taken to court (because they won't refund... because theyve burned so much cash) and are selling a personal truck to get by. Panic, thats not panicking it's reasonable to try and recover what you can at this point.

Even though you spoke to a pathological liar and he told you that he sold his truck to get you your campers, you have to analyze what the act of him selling his truck even means... Phil is having to sell his truck. A camper company owner is selling his truck. That is a *************** last ditch effort.... to get you your campers? Maybe? To pay his mortgage, legal fees, loan payments, or rent one or two more months? maybe?

Though you mention $20,000 in lawsuits isn't much, it's a ton for a person who is selling their truck!

He has no where to go to make money. It sounds like everything being produced right now is pretty much paid in full? So he finishes your camper? You owe him maybe 2k still? he somehow finishes 4 campers in one month... that's 8k. That's probably enough to cover 1.5 month rent. Is this guy going to be able to start 10 more campers in a batch and finish them in time to make the next rent payment? No, he's selling his truck. He is at the bottom of this game.\'

This guy has told several of you he's waiting on fans and tern windows? A fan can be delivered in 2 days from amazon and installed in 30 minutes. Hes also been waiting on tern windows. I've ordered a tern window for my van and they also ship next day and take 1hr to install. This guy is working elsewhere enough to pay some overhead, buy a $250 fan when he has money and installing it when he finds the time. Again you've already paid for that fan 50 times over, but somehow now because he might be the worst businessman in history cant afford one off of amazon.

Even though you're rooting for VO, I cannot. This guy sucks and by proxy his company and product suck. You're rooting for Phil because you want your camper. You should be rooting for the company to go under so this guy stops taking money from people that wont even lay eyes on a picture of their half produced pile of aluminum.

As for people posting to this thread that don't have anything to do with VO... who gives a *******. I hAve PaID MoNEY to THis CoMPaNY anD The PatHolOgicaL LIaR OWnEr wIll OnLY TAlK TO Me.... when this is constantly at the top of a thread page because of customers getting burned, others will read into it. Who cares, they have their own opinions and find out new info... helping you. I for one no longer have skin in the game but am still curious how this ******* has dragged on this long and decided to look into court cases. Sorry for sharing some new info on the financials of a company that has 10k of your money... again our bad.

I'll tell you one thing though, that if I still had money with VO, I would be doing anything I could RIGHT NOW to recover anything I could.

I would Call my CC company and see if they can cancel the money I've paid out or file for small claims and try and get 5k back. Take whatever you can and count yourself lucky you got something back. Even if I got nothing back and this guy went under, at least I would know I would have tried. Again, though he has been given upwards of 300000 of deposit money to build you your campers, he is literally selling his truck to buy one months rent and a maxfan. He has burned tons of cash, and you think him selling his truck is going to be the miracle???

Most people have forgotten at this point but this is play by play the same thing that flip pak did. They were selling deposits to the day before they filed bankruptcy. Knowingly burning customers so they came out a little better.

Hey @SoCalTacoTruck I really hope you get your camper and everyone else will loose their money because you told them not to take him to small claims court, because 5k is a "worthless" recovery.
Tell me again, did you have a camper on order with VO? One you're currently waiting to pick up? You're not helping anyone by sharing your opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz