Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

reaper229

The combustion of the Dickinson is completely contained within the unit so it only produces dry heat circulated via the built-in fan. Intake and exhaust are routed externally of the camper. So a little different than most used propane heaters in the overland and RV world that produce a lot of moisture.
Nice.Do you have a fan on top of the camper?

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

BBrown

How about mounting a roof rack with it installed?

I am regretting that I never installed one before getting my canopy camper and would love the space in front for firewood storage and a wind deflector / light bar.

MR E30

How about mounting a roof rack with it installed?

I am regretting that I never installed one before getting my canopy camper and would love the space in front for firewood storage and a wind deflector / light bar.

Got you covered there too.

Sherpa makes racks that are specific lengths based on your truck size and the camper that you have.

Their Animas 36" is designed specifically for the DCLB with Canopy Camper.

Before, without:

_MG_4303 by Brent Prater, on Flickr

Some time later, after I realized that space is useful enough to warrant buying stuff to make use of it.

Tacoma Work 10-22 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

smbisig

Adventurer
Got you covered there too.

Sherpa makes racks that are specific lengths based on your truck size and the camper that you have.

Their Animas 36" is designed specifically for the DCLB with Canopy Camper.

Before, without:

_MG_4303 by Brent Prater, on Flickr

Some time later, after I realized that space is useful enough to warrant buying stuff to make use of it.

I am patiently waiting for Sherpa to release the same rack for the Gladiator. They have hinted that its under development.

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I am patiently waiting for Sherpa to release the same rack for the Gladiator. They have hinted that its under development.

That would be great. I really don’t want to buy and cut down an existing rack. I hope whatever they come up with, it isn’t a hassle to remove and re-install. I value being able to remove freedom panels when not on a trip.

frozenstarz

hi guys
I feel im being quite dumb here but im installing the spare tyre carrier, got everything mounted up but im stuck on the actual bolts that the wheel sits on, do they come through the rear of the plate and then the supplied nuts secure it? if so I need m14 nuts to then secure the tyre ?
it seems the bolts dont slide fully in with the end being wider than the holes or I need to use a hammer to push them into the holes ?

thanks

seatoskyexplorer

Hey!
Funny enough I dmed overland outfitters this weekend because I was curious about your propane regulator. I do run a quick connect line myself but really is the getthoest set up. I run the line from the Dickinson ,3/4 to male quick connect and have a regulator hose to female quick connect. I only put the line from the tank when in use . Otherwise it stays in the truck
Nice, that actually sounds pretty close to how I want it set up. Who installed your camper / did the installer provide the regulator hose to female quick connect?

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Modified/installed an Alucab canopy table bracket so that I can store an Alucab table under the sleeping platform of my ALCC. Table can be stowed/removed when sleeping platform is raised or lowered. I talked to the nice folks at AVO who had teased this mod on their instagram feed late last year. They gave me a couple great tips which saved me lots of time.

sleeping platform raised:
IMG_1805.JPG

sleeping platform lowered:
IMG_1806.jpg

Modified/installed an Alucab canopy table bracket so that I can store an Alucab table under the sleeping platform of my ALCC. Table can be stowed/removed when sleeping platform is raised or lowered. I talked to the nice folks at AVO who had teased this mod on their instagram feed late last year. They gave me a couple great tips which saved me lots of time.

View attachment 765036

View attachment 765037

This is amazing and something I had been considering for awhile. GG also teased doing this, but never brought a product to mkt. Do mind sharing details on how you made this work? I would be super grateful.

Thanks!

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Allegedly they are working on a rack for the Gladiator. I have been waiting for a lightweight, small rack for the Gladiator like the Sherpa.

We worked with UpTOP Overland to make a rack option that worked with the Jeep Gladiator and the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• 080D58CE-396A-4DA4-8051-D33282E8CF55.jpg
    080D58CE-396A-4DA4-8051-D33282E8CF55.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland

View attachment 765036

View attachment 765037

Do share installation tips and parts used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles