OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Raise the rear portion first, then the front. Also use is in wedge formation if just doing a quick lunch or something like that.

You can check out some of the pics in the BBJ build thread.

Phessor

I have questions about bedding.

With a standard camper, what is the maximum mattress thickness and can you leave your beading up top when closed?

Is the extra beading height worth it?

I know my truck is not an economical giant, but 8" vs 10" may make a lot of difference.

Last edited:

sideburns

Idaho 2019 Nissan Frontier CC LWB
I have questions about bedding.

With a standard camper, what is the maximum mattress thickness and can you leave your beading up top when closed?

Is the extra beading height worth it?

I know my truck is not an economical giant, but 8" vs 10" may make a lot of difference.
I run a 4" mattress with the extra height(10"). My bedding has to come down or I push it to the very front and don't fully slide the bed in. My mattress is very firm 2" latex and 2" of 50lb foam so it barely compresses, I have the older hinge design and there is barely room under it for a 4" mattress. A softer mattress and I could probably stack some summer weight bedding on it. I would think 2.5"-3" would be best for an 8" top.

I like the extra height for sitting up in bed more than for the extra mattress thickness. But I like the extra mattress thickness too.

I figured 120sq inches extra frontal surface area isn't much. Maybe a 20% increase over the 8" model. I got 16-18mpg highway before my camper and get 14-16mpg after unless I do 80mph into a 35mph head wind, then I get 10-11mpg.

KellyM

Adventurer
Been messing around with thoughts on a covering for my 1/2" xps over the studs/polyiso. Originally was going to go coroplast but my wife didn't like the look. Then was going to go with 5mm plywood but attaching was going to be a bit more involved. Decided to try out some self adhesive carpet tiles and I think this will work great. Super light and super sticky. View attachment 716695View attachment 716699
Which carpet did you use? Thanks.

mishoy

I built my own drawer set with a full deck on top of the wheel wells. I love the storage capacity. I pick up my OVRLND top in early December. With the extra bedding top, I will have full standing room on top of the drawer deck with the top popped and I'm 6'2". It was one of the reasons we went with OVRLND. I'll post photos once it is installed on my F150. @bgraboyes has drawers in his OVRLND camper as well. Check out his build on here.
Any chance you can send some photos of your drawer build? I also have an f150 and want to build a drawer system to height of wheel wells. Thanks!

AZflyer

I bought it on amazon, guessing it's made in china, called Maxpeeding Rods. Here's a link at amazon I go out next week for real world use, it puts out a lot of heat I'm sure I will be turning off often. There is no thermostat in this model.

Question what kind of heater is that? My poor eyes cannot read the fine print, lol.

How do you like it?

slowride

Not sure if this is the right place but I’m a very serious buyer looking for a build spot with a quick turnaround time or a used Ovrlnd. The most recent build spot posted here was sold. If you know of anyone would you send them my way? 480-352-2778. Thank you!
turnaround time is only 5.5 months right now. Order now you'll have it before summer ends!

KellyM

Adventurer
Any chance you can send some photos of your drawer build? I also have an f150 and want to build a drawer system to height of wheel wells. Thanks!
I have been traveling. Once I get back, I will take a few photos of my drawer set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles