Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

hksjza70

Hey gang - Anybody have any tricks or tips to keep the table quiet while it's in the "carrier"?

I have already put some fabric on the surfaces where the legs would contact the underside of the table surface (when legs are folded) - but I'm still getting some rattling / vibration noise from it . . .

m.reed.1

Wildebeest_Overland
What are these corner brackets from?

Today's project. Building a front wall with some scrap plywood to attach all my electrical too. My first order of business was to flip all the corner support brackets to I can mount the plywood approximately 2inchs from the front wall. Allowing screws to penetrate the wood but not the aluminum of the front wall. View attachment 758131

I think I'll put some pink board insulation behind here as well.

If details of building out the interior on a non existing budget is not allowed let me know and I'll stop adding to the thread.

seekoutbeauty

Hey gang - Anybody have any tricks or tips to keep the table quiet while it's in the "carrier"?

I have already put some fabric on the surfaces where the legs would contact the underside of the table surface (when legs are folded) - but I'm still getting some rattling / vibration noise from it . . .

Can you post some photos of the table mount with the table installed?

Vst

Can anyone tell me the height of the camper above the roof of a Jeep gladiator? I have a GFC right now but the thing leaks when it’s closed so the bedding ends up getting wet. Seems like a common issue so im thinking of making the switch to and alu cab just wondering if it will still fit in my garage. Thanks

seekoutbeauty

Can anyone tell me the height of the camper above the roof of a Jeep gladiator? I have a GFC right now but the thing leaks when it’s closed so the bedding ends up getting wet. Seems like a common issue so im thinking of making the switch to and alu cab just wondering if it will still fit in my garage. Thanks

Add 2 inches of clearance between the front and the cab (it is slightly less)

1673974709104.png

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere in the previous 93 pages... I didn't through them all.
I am considering an alu-cabin for my full-sized short-bed Tundra Crew-max but I am worried about proper ventilation. Most canopy campers these days offer the option of roof fans (ex. maxxair fan).
I see the GP Factor Pressure Vent Kit but to me that doesn't seem enough to get air circulating compared to other canopy camper offerings (Vagabond, OVRLND, AT Overland, etc.). I prefer many things about the Alu-cab, just worried about the lack of fan option.

Anyone want to give their thoughts / impressions on this?

Also I am concerned about water leakage (I live in PNW) anyone living in similar environment have feedback on level of condensation or issues with water leakage?

Thanks
Travis

siebermd

Adventurer
I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere in the previous 93 pages... I didn't through them all.
I am considering an alu-cabin for my full-sized short-bed Tundra Crew-max but I am worried about proper ventilation. Most canopy campers these days offer the option of roof fans (ex. maxxair fan).
I see the GP Factor Pressure Vent Kit but to me that doesn't seem enough to get air circulating compared to other canopy camper offerings (Vagabond, OVRLND, AT Overland, etc.). I prefer many things about the Alu-cab, just worried about the lack of fan option.

Also I am concerned about water leakage (I live in PNW) anyone living in similar environment have feedback on level of condensation or issues with water leakage?

Thanks
Travis

As far as the Ventilation, a fan is not necessary at all. The only benefit of the Vent Kits you mentioned is for the tent material in the Closed condition. Which is good if you put your canopy away wet (which may suit your needs in the PNW). As far as leakage, do everything you can to seal up the bed prior to and during unit instalation. That is the only locations I have found that leak, albeit minor. These are my observations as an owner closing in on 1 year of ownership. I love this unit and cant imagine being without it.

trabs00

Lifetime Social Distancer
Thanks for the info, yeah being in the PNW and with a tiny garage, I'm always concerned with condensation and leaking... Especially into the bedding.
I need to get around to sealing all areas of the bed anyways as I never got around to it before installing my bed rug and drawers.

fourfa

Observer
Can anyone tell me the height of the camper above the roof of a Jeep gladiator?

I can tell you my ACCC + bone stock Gladiator Rubicon = 7’5” = 226 cm from ground to highest point

Don't know what model Glad you have - before camper, the Rubi ought to be about 2" taller than a Sport S (taller tire and mild spring lift)

But bone stock is no way to run this thing, the rear springs are very compressed. The rear lower control arms invert (frame side lower than axle side). So count on 2-3-4" of lift by the time you're done with suspension, plus whatever changes you might make to tires

smbisig

Adventurer
Thanks for the info, yeah being in the PNW and with a tiny garage, I'm always concerned with condensation and leaking... Especially into the bedding.
I need to get around to sealing all areas of the bed anyways as I never got around to it before installing my bed rug and drawers.

As echoed above, the bed is the more likely area of any leaks. I thought I had my Gladiator's bed pretty well sealed up until running through some super fine silt last summer. The silt revealed a few areas where the factory spray in the bed liner didn't fully seal up. I am currently reconfiguring my interior and had everything out. I jumped in, closed the camper up, and sealed (Sikaflex is your friend except when it gets all over you) any areas I could see light coming through. Most of the areas of dust ingress were actually the bed floor seems that the liner didn't fill.

I am pretty confident that my camper is now fully sealed.

camodog

Adventurer

i am at 7’8” with 37” tires and 2” Mopar lift on a rubicon.
the Alucab also has roofbars fwiw.

pm me if you’re interested in buying used.

Thanks
Travis
In cold nights in the PNW, whether raining or not, you'll have a nice layer of condensation inside the entire camper. The benefit of having the fan is to be able to close all the windows and pull out the condensation. You can get by with just having a heater of some sort (one that separates hot air vs. exhaust fumes (diesel heater, etc.)) and just wipe down your whole interior.

That being said, after owning a camper with no fan, I'd never buy a camper again unless I could have a fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles