Mortonm's 2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond

watrboy

Observer
My Bronco Badlands was built on 15 OCT 2022 and was supposed to ship via convoy within the week, per Ford. The shipping dates have come and gone without any movement or update. I called Ford Chat this afternoon (26 OCT) and they had no status other than it was still awaiting shipment. I have to say that convoy mode has turned out to be more of an info blackout than going by rail. (At least the Order Track app provides some rail movement info.) At any rate, we just have to be patient and sooner or later, those built trucks will be delivered.

Mine was also not showing any movement. The dealer found it in the rail yards in Kansas City. Still was not showing movement on my end. The trains are unloaded in our rail yards and I drove by every day. I saw it in the dealer area after being unloaded about 2 hours before the dealer called me to say it was here. The tracking was still not up to date. Came in a week before they said it would.
Hope yours surprises you.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
20221031-152829.jpg

20221031-152836.jpg

YetiX

You're going to need to change your signature line . . .

Looks great, I really like that color!

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Not a lot to report just a few minor things.

The green is stunning person which may turn into a downside. It looks so good clean that I will either have to wash it all the time or learn to live with it.

Ordered a hitch for a bike rack and recovery purposes. A trunk liner as well as a drop in organizer for the cavernous console.

Here is a pic beside a stock Rubicon.

20221103-093733.jpg

Last edited:

watrboy

Observer
Not a lot to report just a few minor things.

The green is stunning person which may turn into a downside. It looks so good clean that I will either have to wash it all the time or learn to live with it.

Ordered a hitch for a bike rack and recovery purposes. A trunk liner as well as a drop in organizer for the cavernous console.

Here is a pic beside a stock Rubicon.

20221103-093733.jpg
Car washs love owners like you. At least I did for 37 years.
Like the color.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Believe it or not most 4 door Broncos do not have rear cupholders. If you purchase one of the upper models with the leather seat option then there is a flip down arm rest/cupholders.

The 2drs have them molded into where the door would be.

Every other trim has nothing.

IAG performance has from what I found to be the nicest solution it bolts into the backside panel of the console. The fit and finish is close enough to OEM.

The cupholder / storage tray I'd attached by magnets with pins for registration. It can be pulled off for cleaning or it needs to be removed if you want to fold the seats fully down.

20221104-105620.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Hitch installed. Picked the curt. I had ordered the factory tow package but it was removed by ford so it could get built. I don't have a trailer nor do I plan on one but it would have been nice just to have it all done. It will mostly be used for bikes and recovery.

Very simple install. 4 bolts into the crossmember. 10 minutes in the driveway.

20221110-110540.jpg

20221110-110555.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
First dirt, if you can even call it that. Mostly just some dirt roads with one little "trail". Probsbly could have been done is 2H but I popped on 4H just because. There was a little muddy off camber section i used the rear locker, again, just because its new and I wanted too.

20221115-134533.jpg

20221115-134647.jpg

20221115-130926.jpg

20221115-124255.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Probsbly could have been done is 2H but I popped on 4H just because. There was a little muddy off camber section i used the rear locker, again, just because its new and I wanted too.
A real overlander would have put it in 4LO, aired down the tires and engaged the diff locks and continued on at 5 MPH...

With a drone flying overhead trailing the Bronco to capture the moment in super slow mode in 4K UHD....

All kidding aside, glad to see you are enjoying the new rig.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
A real overlander would have put it in 4LO, aired down the tires and engaged the diff locks and continued on at 5 MPH...

With a drone flying overhead trailing the Bronco to capture the moment in super slow mode in 4K UHD....

All kidding aside, glad to see you are enjoying the new rig.
Haha give it time and maybe I can get there.

It is really comfortable on the road. Very comfortable seats snd handles well. Coukd easily drive it all day.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
That's a great looking Bronco! Love the green! Did you get a three-pin harness for the receiver too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles