I'm SOLD

pith helmet

I’m not ready for electric or rather, they aren’t ready for me yet. But this is cool and Rivian has been my favorite electrics thus far.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
I saw rivian pu today in our little town with a 275 gallon water tank , in the bed,
Obviously hauling his own water, must have a pretty good payload . Cute truck though.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

Canoo, starting at $34,750, by the time they get to a dealer it would probably be $42,000 + out the door.

Like the concept of the van, it's cheaper than the 4x4 conversions.

Think I'll check in to an electric conversion for my F 150.

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
No, I'm in Southern Colorado, the water tank shown here is 275gal same as the truck here, but , the truck I saw, the tank was full..big difference in weight,
Just to be fair, I also see tacomas carrying that much water .. nbd
But very dangerous.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Other than never being able to afford it I want it.
I'm confused. I thought you stated your next vehicle would be a manual everything and carbureted because you don't trust technology?

The Rivian van is pretty neat though. Don't think I would go full EV yet. Really wish someone would build a 1/2 ton to 1 ton PHEV pickup. I think that would be a big seller.

3laine

No, I'm in Southern Colorado, the water tank shown here is 275gal same as the truck here, but , the truck I saw, the tank was full..big difference in weight,
Just to be fair, I also see tacomas carrying that much water .. nbd
But very dangerous.

Funny to think with how few Rivians exist that there are multiple of them driving around Colorado with 275gal water tanks in the back!

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Funny to think with how few Rivians exist that there are multiple of them driving around Colorado with 275gal water tanks in the back!
I've only seen a the one rivian hauling his own water.
There are many communities in this part Colorado that don't have good quality water for wells, got to haul it yourself or get it delivered.
Just for reference, I live fairly close to the water runner, so the freight is kind of low, $140 for 1800 gal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles