Tex's 2023 KTM 300 XC-W

xleratin

Nice bike! I have a 2021 Gasgas Ex300. I just learned what parts I need from your thread! Have you installed the idea adjustment screw yet?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Nice bike! I have a 2021 Gasgas Ex300. I just learned what parts I need from your thread! Have you installed the idea adjustment screw yet?

I have not because it doesn’t need it, at least not yet. It has been running great so far.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Hit the trails today, ended on a pinch flat, stupid tubes. Good times though, I love this bike.

ksIqZa5.jpg

80oP5df.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Bridgestone UHD tubes with consistent fresh tires will do you well...

Those are the exact tubes I was running. Found out on the last flat that the rim strip was damaged, turns out there was a burr near the spoke that I guess was there from building the wheel? Anyways, it cut the rim strip and was puncturing the tubes. Filed it down, new rim strip and some tape and we are back in business hopefully with less issues until I switch to mousses.

nickw

Adventurer
Those are the exact tubes I was running. Found out on the last flat that the rim strip was damaged, turns out there was a burr near the spoke that I guess was there from building the wheel? Anyways, it cut the rim strip and was puncturing the tubes. Filed it down, new rim strip and some tape and we are back in business hopefully with less issues until I switch to mousses.
To each their own, mousses are popular these days, but I don't care for them. I do a fair amount of long distance remote single track stuff (e.g. Tour of Idaho) and the general consensus is no mousse no tubliss. Quality tubes, generally speaking, are less headache.....you example notwithstanding. I've seen mousses come loose that immobilize bikes....flat tires can still be ridden.

With that said I've NEVER had an issue with mousse....but had plenty when I ran Tubliss.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
To each their own, mousses are popular these days, but I don't care for them. I do a fair amount of long distance remote single track stuff (e.g. Tour of Idaho) and the general consensus is no mousse no tubliss. Quality tubes, generally speaking, are less headache.....you example notwithstanding. I've seen mousses come loose that immobilize bikes....flat tires can still be ridden.

With that said I've NEVER had an issue with mousse....but had plenty when I ran Tubliss.

I prefer tubes as well, I hated tubliss, never again. I might stick with tubes, we shall see. Doing the Tour in August, trying to get one in before he stops supporting it.

nickw

Adventurer
I prefer tubes as well, I hated tubliss, never again. I might stick with tubes, we shall see. Doing the Tour in August, trying to get one in before he stops supporting it.
A buddy and me had a go at it last year (2021) made it to day 6, it is absolutely no joke....

Getting my bike prepped / dialed in now:

1667783999132.png

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A buddy and me had a go at it last year (2021) made it to day 6, it is absolutely no joke....

Getting my bike prepped / dialed in now:

View attachment 750901

Yea, the buddy I'll be tackling it with has finished the legit "supported/official" tour so hopefully that'll be of some benefit to me if nothing more than being an inspiration and target as well as a morale boost. I know the attrition rate is high and most don't finish, but I've gotta give it the old college try haha.

nickw

Adventurer
Yea, the buddy I'll be tackling it with has finished the legit "supported/official" tour so hopefully that'll be of some benefit to me if nothing more than being an inspiration and target as well as a morale boost. I know the attrition rate is high and most don't finish, but I've gotta give it the old college try haha.
He's a T1 finisher? You guys doing a T1?

If you haven't already, I'd make sure your buddy is bugging Martin for a spot.....they are limited!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
He's a T1 finisher? You guys doing a T1?

If you haven't already, I'd make sure your buddy is bugging Martin for a spot.....they are limited!

The guy is a beast on two wheels, he has some epic bikes to go along with his abilities, he even owns one of Lydon Poskitts 450 Rally bikes.

88Dss73.jpg

nickw

Adventurer
The guy is a beast on two wheels, he has some epic bikes to go along with his abilities, he even owns one of Lydon Poskitts 450 Rally bikes.

88Dss73.jpg
That is AWESOME! I really want one of those factory Rally bikes....with a plate :) They are ~$30k, you can buy one, I've thought about it....

When did he finish the tour?

*Edit - you can buy a "replica", I am sure some of the stuff on that bike there is not easily obtained...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That is AWESOME! I really want one of those factory Rally bikes....with a plate :) They are ~$30k, you can buy one, I've thought about it....

When did he finish the tour?

*Edit - you can buy a "replica", I am sure some of the stuff on that bike there is not easily obtained...

Yea I think they are going to sell 80 Replicas, but this was one of Lydon's spare Rally bikes from last year, I won't say what he paid for it and to get it here stateside but it was well north of the Rally Replica MSRP lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles