Lets see some full size pictures...

19mystic96

That truck screams popup.

I’m guessing you’re talking about my super duty?

I’d gotta admit, the more I see these pop ups on this site and in person, the more I find myself wanting one. Maybe in time it’ll have one, but for now the shell will suffice.

NH Overland

Getting more done on the ARB Linx Air System. Its still a mess, but getting the system and lengths figured out. I know others post the neat and pretty finished photos, but there is a lot of work we put into producing the end result.

PSX_20220910_143106.jpg
PSX_20220910_143121.jpg

doceng

Went on a little sierra's get away with the wife. She wanted to stay in a hotel for "over 70% of the vacation" which meant that there were only 3 days spent with the camping setup. It's still very early days for the wife and I with this whole situation but so far so good with the truck and the initial stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures from when we were boondocking... but at least I have some shots of the glamping setup.

3HSkzf4.jpg

daPDnWQ.jpg

7LXBjqh.jpg

I do absolutely love this setup for days at the bike park. Having a place to chill in the shade with direct access to the bed as well as an elevated spot to work on the bikes... priceless.
supJXsX.jpg

Looks awesome! Do you mind me asking where you went on your trip? I've been thinking of doing a similar type of trip with my girlfriend and the mountain bikes. How has the swingout hitch mount worked for you with the bike rack? Not too many rattles?

We did a MTB and moto trip to Sedona but just stayed in a motel and I think we are ready to make the jump to a RTT or pop-up camper.

PXL_20211015_004255042.jpg

Last edited:

HUMMER/Expeditions

so here is how it went,
First of all I was shocked, absolutely amazed how busy Death Valley was in this temperature, 95% from other countries,

I drove doors off for few reasons,

#1 started at 80 degrees temperature, by the time I got to 130 degrees i was slowly acclimating
to that temperature and to be honest it did not bother at all to be in 131

# 2 I don’t wanna be like tourists who jump out of rental car with AC snap a picture next to thermometer and run back to the car,
NOPE, if I am going to do this I am gonna do it the way ppl did in 1849 without AC

#3 my Humvee has no AC, doors off provided more air movement.FB75509A-3550-4BF8-AAEC-B40D4A6CAF42.jpegF71A0F06-E0A2-4CBE-91E4-DB53D5E9BE04.jpegD2C628B0-AED8-452E-A8AB-D2BDFC678646.jpeg

Last edited:

HUMMER/Expeditions

Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
the distance that you travel between 124 degrees to 131 degrees is about 75 miles
not much grade change, it’s between sea level to bellow seal level elevations
I was able to maintain stabile water temperature At 55 +\- Speeds at 125 plus temperature
highway 190 entering Death Valley and coming out is torture for any vehicle, going out is about 16 miles of constant 6 to 8% grande at 120 degrees temperature, I slowed down because I couldn’t go faster haha, there is no oxygen left for the engine to produce any power ??‍♂️ My speed was 35 to 45 maximum going up that grade , most RVs and trucks couldn’t even maintain 35 mph.

iPhone stops working due to over temperature,
Anything that works normal at 110 starts to give up at 125 ( strange right ? ?)

bucket list ✅ Death Valley @131 FD7F3CED9-33D2-4326-9735-91DB64AB53AD.jpeg5C47B175-76FF-44E8-A354-B06326628198.jpeg677856D5-E88E-49DF-8214-C697EF32F4C2.jpeg

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
so here is how it went,
First of all I was shocked, absolutely amazed how busy Death Valley was in this temperature, 95% from other countries,

#1 started at 80 degrees temperature, by the time I got to 130 degrees i was slowly acclimating

# 2 I don’t wanna be like tourists who jump out of rental car with AC snap a picture next to thermometer and run back to the car,
NOPE, if I am going to do this I am gonna do it the way ppl did in 1849 without AC

#3 my Humvee has no AC, doors off provided more air movement.View attachment 742200View attachment 742201View attachment 742202
Euro's love to rent a cheap car,eat cheap food,suck up the heat and barren desert as they don't have one.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
the distance that you travel between 124 degrees to 131 degrees is about 75 miles
not much grade change, it’s between sea level to bellow seal level elevations
I was able to maintain stabile water temperature At 55 +\- Speeds at 125 plus temperature
highway 190 entering Death Valley and coming out is torture for any vehicle, going out is about 16 miles of constant 6 to 8% grande at 120 degrees temperature, I slowed down because I couldn’t go faster haha, there is no oxygen left for the engine to produce any power ??‍♂️ My speed was 35 to 45 maximum going up that grade , most RVs and trucks couldn’t even maintain 35 mph.

iPhone stops working due to over temperature,
Anything that works normal at 110 starts to give up at 125 ( strange right ? ?)

bucket list ✅ Death Valley @131 FView attachment 742203View attachment 742208View attachment 742209
Protect that skin from someone who didn't. It'll steal your looks and you'll get to know a derm better than you'd like. Start with a wide brimmed hat.

Wilbah

Adventurer
so here is how it went,

#3 my Humvee has no AC, doors off provided more air movement.View attachment 742200View attachment 742201View attachment 742202

I despise the heat....my first time to the Saguaro NM I thought it was amazing (in my AC'd car). Got out to take a picture of a huge Saguaro cactus and it was like a blast furnace hit me. I grabbed the picture and dove back inside. Ha! That said I really want to do Death Valley. Just to prove it to myself. Love that you did it doors off.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I despise the heat....my first time to the Saguaro NM I thought it was amazing (in my AC'd car). Got out to take a picture of a huge Saguaro cactus and it was like a blast furnace hit me. I grabbed the picture and dove back inside. Ha! That said I really want to do Death Valley. Just to prove it to myself. Love that you did it doors off.
I'm in San Diego for just that reason. Add bugs too. Hurricane Kat brought Orlando in August weather to us for two weeks. I emerged from the airport and thought I was going to drown. We'll get the Santa Ana's soon here but it won't be anything like Death Valley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles