Need help: Which trailer works best for us?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I'm predicting epic issues with the four wheel models of the Embers for precisely this reason. People are going to overload the low CCC of those trailers without even trying hard!
Yeah the ratings vs dry weight definitely will make the over packing problem a factor.

Also Aluminum frame trailers don’t tolerate over loading well. They crack vs boring ol steel frame bend. One is definitely more exciting than the other?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Yeah the ratings vs dry weight definitely will make the over packing problem a factor.

Also Aluminum frame trailers don’t tolerate over loading well. They crack vs boring ol steel frame bend. One is definitely more exciting than the other?

When you say frame you don't mean chassis right? You mean the framing of the box of the trailer as Ember uses carbon steel in chassis. If the used carbon steel in the frame these would be even heavier tanks then they already are.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
When you say frame you don't mean chassis right? You mean the framing of the box of the trailer as Ember uses carbon steel in chassis. If the used carbon steel in the frame these would be even heavier tanks then they already are.
I was thinking embers were aluminum chassis also. If they are just the typical soft steel no biggie.

Treefarmer

I generally use frame and chassis interchangeably. I call any discussion of roof or walls out specifically and sometimes refer to the wall/roof structure as the box.

Alloy

This is likely a contributing factor to the /~\ Taxa axle issues. Same for several other brands using the torsion axles, name the brand they all have had problems some no doubt faulty axles but all the trailers I have seen with constant axle issues are 17-20ft 3000-5000lb rated and easily over loaded?.

Last I talked to my buddy that builds trailers there's only 1 option for axle componets. Everthing is made offshore by Dexter now. They can reduce quality and add 20% to the price because the only option is buying from another division of Dexter.

Last edited:

goodol

Friends, I guess it will the final update, that we just put a deposit on a “literally” brand new Karavan. After countless hours searching and debating, we pull the trigger at last, this is it! We are super excited ?

Maybe in less than three months, we will pull our dream trailer behind our beloved Gladiator, and maybe our maiden voyage will be in a snow.

Thank you everyone, for your selfless sharing. It helped us tremendously. Much much appreciated.

rehammer81

Friends, I guess it will the final update, that we just put a deposit on a “literally” brand new Karavan. After countless hours searching and debating, we pull the trigger at last, this is it! We are super excited

Maybe in less than three months, we will pull our dream trailer behind our beloved Gladiator, and maybe our maiden voyage will be in a snow.

Thank you everyone, for your selfless sharing. It helped us tremendously. Much much appreciated.
Woah! Congratulations! Thought you were going with the Taxa? I don't think you'll regret the Karavan at all. You are supposed to have it in three months? I thought they were 12+ month lead time? Did David Bates have one coming in unspoken for?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

cmo5

Congrats!! I hope you love it as much as we do!

I'm also curious how you're going to have it so quickly? It took 11 months for us last year and I know it's only gotten longer since then...

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Friends, I guess it will the final update, that we just put a deposit on a “literally” brand new Karavan. After countless hours searching and debating, we pull the trigger at last, this is it! We are super excited ?

Praise be!! Goodol. I was trying not to be rude I coyley was trying to talk you out of a Taxa. I just don't think they handed all the axel issues very well. There was a couple that had a you tube Chanel that would just get soaked from all the leaking and I was blown away that Taxa didn't step in and either replace the canvas or even the whole trailer.

FordGuy1

Adventurer

So exciting! Dave is a great guy, you won't regret dealing with him. Your decision is solid. It was hard for me to order a Kimberley, but to own something that works the way you want it too, is worth the investment.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper

Congrats! Maybe I missed it, but what model did you go with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles