Need help: Which trailer works best for us?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
We will think about the bunkers later, now they are four and six, should be fine.

As for the price, we looked at different trailer , US made or AUS made, nothing hybrid in that price range, sadly
They are trying to dump 22 stock 23’s are being built. Trust me you have lots of negotiation room! But hey got money burning holes in your pockets go for it?.
Im in CA. Already seeing dealers dropping into the mid/high 30’s listings. Don’t be a sucker at the end of the summer season and cratering RV market?

calicamper

Expedition Leader

Alloy

Make sure your dealer knows what they are doing. I believe taxa 's converter and or battery charger is not lithium compatible but maybe theey upgraded that equipment
Like the new trailer I looked at yesterday with 300Ah of unheated drop in Lithium sitting on the front. Below freezing the battery cold protection will lock out charging. Once the batteries are drained everthing shuts down and the whole trailer freezes.

If they did warm the batteries the next issue would charging because the 50A converter is fused at ( biggest ATO fuse) 30A. They could bypass the fuse but the 23' of (total neg&pos) 8ga wire meant the voltage at the batteries would be 10-12% less than it is at the converter. To make things interesting the mfg. had a 30A automatic mini breaker at the battery side.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Like the new trailer I looked at yesterday with 300Ah of unheated drop in Lithium sitting on the front. Below freezing the battery cold protection will lock out charging. Once the batteries are drained everthing shuts down and the whole trailer freezes.

If they did warm the batteries the next issue would charging because the 50A converter is fused at ( biggest ATO fuse) 30A. They could bypass the fuse but the 23' of (total neg&pos) 8ga wire meant the voltage at the batteries would be 10-12% less than it is at the converter. To make things interesting the mfg. had a 30A automatic mini breaker at the battery side.
Yes lots of “poser” stuff being sold to rookies especially right now with the market crash. Literally no buyers shopping right now.
Lithium power needs to be housed in a heated space for cold weather use or they lock out charging. A huge benefit to Lithium is charging speed but if associated gear is old junk that’s basically lead acid stuff.. Your missing a HUGE advantage to going Lithium by having short charging ability vs slow charging ability

Alloy

Taxa trailer frames are definitely very lightweight and not built as heavy as the typical Indiana RV junk. If you pack heavy or go over board on stuff stacked and bolted to the tongue you can have frame issues.

At only 800lb CC after water it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are the same as other mfg. then adding the factory bunkbeds and RTT lowers the CC even more.

Once everything is added up it would surprise me if theses are going down the road 500-600lbs over the GVWR.

Last edited:

goodol

They are trying to dump 22 stock 23’s are being built. Trust me you have lots of negotiation room! But hey got money burning holes in your pockets go for it?.
Im in CA. Already seeing dealers dropping into the mid/high 30’s listings. Don’t be a sucker at the end of the summer season and cratering RV market?

But we want 23 model, with the new flex room and collapsible bathroom. ?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

mantis has the battery compartment inside the cabin, so should be fine?

For true peace of mine you can buy battery heaters for battle born and Lion lithium batteries. Below 30 degrees lithium batteries will not charge but will function.

Off Grid Power Pack

calicamper

Expedition Leader
At only 800lb CC after water it wouldn't surprise me.

If they are the same as other mfg. then adding the factory bunkbeds and RTT lowers the CC even more.

Once everything is added up it would surprise me if theses are going down the road 500-600lbs over the GVWR.

Bunk bed is a convertible sofa thats two sheets of plywood. No structure added. They hang on brackets tied to the outer wall.

Alloy

Bunk bed is a convertible sofa thats two sheets of plywood. No structure added. They hang on brackets tied to the outer wall.

Each item isn't much but when you add an awning/cooler/bunks/ bike rack there's nothing left. Wait to see what happens when it is goes down a FSR with no travel left in the suspension.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Each item isn't much but when you add an awning/cooler/bunks/ bike rack there's nothing left. Wait to see what happens when it is goes down a FSR with no travel left in the suspension.
This is likely a contributing factor to the /~\ Taxa axle issues. Same for several other brands using the torsion axles, name the brand they all have had problems some no doubt faulty axles but all the trailers I have seen with constant axle issues are 17-20ft 3000-5000lb rated and easily over loaded?.

Treefarmer

This is likely a contributing factor to the /~\ Taxa axle issues. Same for several other brands using the torsion axles, name the brand they all have had problems some no doubt faulty axles but all the trailers I have seen with constant axle issues are 17-20ft 3000-5000lb rated and easily over loaded?.
I'm predicting epic issues with the four wheel models of the Embers for precisely this reason. People are going to overload the low CCC of those trailers without even trying hard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles