1994 Land cruiser w/ Alucab Pop top conversion- SOLD

Lucidless

Hello everyone,

UPDATE: finished the truck and listed it back for sale to interested buyers only. More info on last page. First photo on page 1 is the new fully restored prado as of today (Feb 1)

Everything in this build is brand new, its actually still at the alucab HQ here in South Africa, I'm listing it now for sale because I have too many trucks here and am running out of space at my little mountain side grotto..

I was going to list it when its fully complete, but I didn't know if someone wanted to build out the back themselves or have me do it.

Price:Sold

Accessories below:

• 1UZ motor
  • Jacks 1UZ automatic trans
  • OME suspension
  • 17" beadlock wheels
  • 33" Maxxis Raar tires
  • Alucab 76 catalog (photo below of what's incl)
  • 180L long range fuel tank
  • Upgraded Aisn Locking hubs
  • F1 Dash monitor
  • Custom seat covers front and rear- ripstop
  • custom dash cover- ripstop
  • aftermarket front bumper w/ 12k winch and cable- all new
  • Terrafirma HD wheel bearings front and rear

Lots more to come

Also, I am American and use a US bank account that’s in my name. So you wouldn’t be sending funds overseas. Just to WellsFargo

0E966849-696A-4D46-912A-9F24D21C59FE.jpeg
55EF08F4-A56C-4A64-9F27-3EB20D010F1F.jpeg
C857EE8A-8874-4DC6-AFFE-B4517C8C53C4.jpeg
09907018-DD32-415E-82E5-B5B8626065DF.jpeg
32A9AB1B-83D2-4A6A-848C-B462B642ED4C.jpeg
1C6DD819-2DF7-44CA-AF4A-5D0929799646.jpeg
7D54227C-BAA8-47F9-8A82-5B9663471BC9.jpeg
B00899A2-F9E7-4BA0-90C3-799686865ABB.jpeg
26EBC880-E43F-464A-9B07-33A6AC5CEB5A.jpeg
C8080418-7D0C-41F4-BBC7-8AECCF23AC4C.jpeg

Last edited:

ionyota

Great rig. Gven that the engine has been swapped, isn’t that an automatic knock out for import into the US?

My understanding is that frame and engine have to match exactly how the vehicle rolled off the assembly line (however, engine does not need to be numbers matching).

Lucidless

Great rig. Gven that the engine has been swapped, isn’t that an automatic knock out for import into the US?

My understanding is that frame and engine have to match exactly how the vehicle rolled off the assembly line (however, engine does not need to be numbers matching).
I've never had an issue sending engine swapped trucks to the states. Neither do most bespoke defender/cruiser builders that swap for LS1/3's that people shell out 250,000 pounds for. Just needed to have the engine swap police clearance cert, and have it recorded on registration- prior to be taken off the road of the country its registered to (engine number) and it got though. 1UZ is also a USA EPA registered engine that was offered in older USA spec Lexus's Lexus GS400 LS400 SC400, etc) so its considered a USA EPA conforming engine- non conforming engines can also be imported but on a for track or show basis only.

Last edited:

ionyota

Interesting, that’s definitely not been my experience and conflicts with what I follow related to importing Land Rovers. However, the importation system is not perfect/exact.

Defender importers doing LS swaps are generally having the engine swap done in the US after the restoration work is completed overseas. i.e, Arkonik had a shop (or was using a third party shop?) in Arizona for engine swaps, IIRC.

The Port of Entry might play a role? I read that east coast ports tend to be more restrictive, and perhaps you use a west coast port without issue?

Anyways, back to the truck. Is the second row bench seat removed? If so, can it be reinstalled with the current configuration?

Lucidless

Interesting, that’s definitely not been my experience and conflicts with what I follow related to importing Land Rovers. However, the importation system is not perfect/exact.

Defender importers doing LS swaps are generally having the engine swap done in the US after the restoration work is completed overseas. i.e, Arkonik had a shop (or was using a third party shop?) in Arizona for engine swaps, IIRC.

The Port of Entry might play a role? I read that east coast ports tend to be more restrictive, and perhaps you use a west coast port without issue?

Anyways, back to the truck. Is the second row bench seat removed? If so, can it be reinstalled with the current configuration?
I usually have mine sent to port of Miami or port of tacoma in Washington.. Haven't had an issue yet, had a little hiccup from an engine swapped cruiser (1990 troopy swapped with a 1HDT from original 3F) from AUS but it was because the chassis hadn't been steam cleaned prior to shipping. So the company in charge of import got a USDA fine, because our contract stated they would get that done.

The rear seat was just removed for the top install. It will be put back, so it seats 5. I also have a 1fz-f (original- as in what came in these from factory) engine for it you can buy from me, or I can have installed here.

I think its more difficult with defenders because they are so easily changed and import officials are cracking down on them, you can put a 2015 body on a 1994 chassis with a 2007 (300tdi) motor pretty much direct bolt on and lots just swap the seat plate to the new body which isn't allowed, but when you have all documentation and receipts along with EPA clearance for for an engine swap its a pretty smooth process- so far as the import brokers have told me. I've imported over 15 trucks, more than half had engine swaps to LS3, 1UZ-FE, 1HDT, 300tdi, and OM606-T. But long answer short from what multiple commercial import brokers have told me "if its a USA EPA register engine and its recorded on the title with documents it'll be able to get USA registration"

Last edited:

Lucidless

interested what are the options for building out the back?
Lots of options, I have a drawer system, fridge and water tank that’ll get put in. That’s a 3’x4’ area.

whole buildable rear is about 5’9”x 4’. And I can do it, but I’ll cost more and you’ll loose the rear seats. If you give me a good amount of creative freedom I’ll only charge you material costs. As it would be a continued fun project for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles