e61's 2020 Armada/Patrol Y62 Build

Bfriday

Great build and thread. I am just getting started on my journey with a 2019 armada. I am also thinking of the frontrunner rack. Were you able to remove the factory rails relatively easily? Did the frontrunner rails require any other modifications? I have not been able to find much info about this. Seems like the instructions were written for a patrol without factory rails. Thanks for any words of wisdom!

what the

Great build and thread. I am just getting started on my journey with a 2019 armada. I am also thinking of the frontrunner rack. Were you able to remove the factory rails relatively easily? Did the frontrunner rails require any other modifications? I have not been able to find much info about this. Seems like the instructions were written for a patrol without factory rails. Thanks for any words of wisdom!

The factory bolts are simple to take off. I think the hardest part was taking off the stock rail cover without breaking a couple of the clips.
Once you have the OEM rails off, make sure you use a generous amount of RTV sealant in the holes so you don’t get any leaks.
The FR rails do not need any modifications. They fit like a glove and was very simple to assemble and put on. I love the rack. I ended up using the wind fairing and mounted a 42” Diode Dynamic lightbar off the FR.

Bfriday

Thanks for the information! Was odd that I could not find much information online about how to get those covers off. Guess if I’m putting the frontrunner rack on, really doesn’t matter if I break those clips anyway.

Wdimick

Hi thanks for posting your work on your Armada. It looks great! I am looking into lifting my 2017. With your set up just to clarify with the lovell springs and foamcell shocks and strut you would not need to replace to front uca with an aftermarket option. Will the uca hit the shock tower? It would be alot more budget friendly if all you need to start is the springs and shocks.
Thanks for you help

e61

Hi thanks for posting your work on your Armada. It looks great! I am looking into lifting my 2017. With your set up just to clarify with the lovell springs and foamcell shocks and strut you would not need to replace to front uca with an aftermarket option. Will the uca hit the shock tower? It would be alot more budget friendly if all you need to start is the springs and shocks.
Thanks for you help

Hi, sorry I missed this. Technically you could probably get away with the factory UCA with the Lovells or the similar Kings. The ride height it about 1 inch higher than stock. But I’d recommend saving for the aftermarket UCAs. The big improvement with aftermarket UCAs is enabling the full extension with the longer shock. Especially if you delete the front sway bar like I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e61outside

It's time to say, "Thanks for all the fish." This wale is ready for a new owner ;-) I had a Grenadier on order, but I couldn't get past the design flaws when I test-drove it. So, after much contemplation, I am sticking with IRS and jumping back into the Land Rover world with a new Defender 110. Here is the ad. It's honestly priced based on the need to get it off the books and out of the driveway to make room. FS: 2020 Nissan Armada 4x4 with $10k+ in tasteful mods for $25k - Dallas TX

e61outside

What made you decide on the 110 instead of the new GX550?
Primarily pricing and availability. My local Lexus dealer essentially decided for me based on how they responded to my query.

As for the features/functionality, there are pros and cons for each that, for me, made it a 50/50 call. My son drives the previous GX and I've owned many Land Rover products, so I don't have any strong loyalties to either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles