Alternatives to UJOR for Ford 4x4 conversion

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Still mulling over what will be my next vehicle.
Love my Roadtrek, but even with a lift from the awesome people at Weldtec, it still won't have much ground clearance. Ford straight front axle conversion from BOR would probably give me the clearance I need, but I haven't heard any positive feedback about that.
I love what UJOR has done with the Airstream B190. That 6 inch lift with the 4 x 4 would definitely do the trick.
Unfortunately, on one of UJOR's latest videos, they said that they did not think they would be doing anymore pre 2000 vehicles.
Any ideas?
I'm in SoCal.

Betarocker

Adventurer
My understanding is UJOR won't do the install on the older vehicles, but will still offer the parts for self or 3rd party installation.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
Is UJOR abandoning that market due to additional time/cost of working on those specific vehicles? If so, is it due to vehicle age (rust, wear, damage) or due to vehicle differences (parts differences, access issues, drivetrain changes)?

Or are they refusing to work on those vehicles because of some other line replacing it in their business? Will they begin converting Transits, Sprinters, etc.?

Imbecile

I would think it has to do with the fact that when a company does a 4x4 conversion they have to give a minimum amount of warranty on that work. When a vehicle has aged significantly it no longer remains feasable to take on that liability.

Joey G

Is UJOR abandoning that market due to additional time/cost of working on those specific vehicles? If so, is it due to vehicle age (rust, wear, damage) or due to vehicle differences (parts differences, access issues, drivetrain changes)?

Or are they refusing to work on those vehicles because of some other line replacing it in their business? Will they begin converting Transits, Sprinters, etc.?

Here's his previous posts on the subject, just FYI:
We'll be restricting the age of the vans we build here at our shop. Nothing older than 2000 model year vans from now on due to supply issues, ages of the van, unknown or unseen problems/etc. If you already have the ball rolling with a conversion we'll of course finish the job.

No changes to our DIY kits, we'll continue to sell/ship them all over the world as we have since the beginning!
The older rigs always throw us curveballs that eat up a bunch of time and screw up our schedule. Transmission & other parts are getting harder to source, lots of little hurdles.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
In google search order after Ujoint:

Timberline - found via google - no idea - Colorado

Clydesdale - west coast - Canada

MG metalwork - expovans.com - west coast

Advanced 4x4 vans

Agile Off Road - works well - no longer does E series :(

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

We don't have any plans to play with other platforms, E series work has us super busy and backed up/booking for months. The fab/production side of the shop is rocking, we just added another body over the there and need a bigger shop!

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Hey. Did you ever do anything with your build project? Here is my facebook group. Lots of help on all kinds of builds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/343399480051920

Thanks, but no decisions yet.
I like this,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles