Ford Maverick TREMOR coming soon ?????? (no joke!)

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
How Fun! An affordable, cheap, non-gas guzzzling, 4x4 little play truck may actually be coming soon from Ford.

Introducing the Maverick Tremor!

This sounds like a great idea but is Ford taking a gamble here? By using that nameplate, will that lessen the coolio kismet or desirability or bragging rights to owning the “real” Tremor?

6125C492-50E2-4A07-B2BC-496A0437B8AA.jpeg

Today Ford announced a new “Tremor” off-road package for the affordable Maverick (the popular XL trim prices out at about $20,000 and change, per the below story). This attractive new version of the Maverick, design tuned for real off-roading, will create a starter version for off-roader buyers who can’t afford/don’t want a full sized, pricier Tremor.

(From above article)
“Ranger, F-150 and SuperDuty customers have embraced the unique off-road capability, technology and appearance updates found across our Tremor family of trucks,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck product marketing and brand manager, in a company news release. “Maverick Tremor delivers on this same promise with new functions and features designed for off-roading — all while keeping the truck’s signature size, affordability.”

COMING SOON:
I’ve read that this enticing new offering which should be available as early as next month (!), is predicted to be package priced out at @ $3,000, and promises to add an anti slip rear diff locker, a trail control feature operating like cruise control for trail driving, and tougher shocks better designed for its harder use.

Man, this is tempting. Would you consider getting one of these? Can Ford avoid the fiasco of the Baby Bronco order delays if the M T takes off?

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

The world may never know. Because with fairly run of the mill Mavs clocking in at $32k PLUS a $15k "Market Adjustment, bend you over just because we can fee", I imagine the initial cost plus market adjustment for this would be prohibitive and push people to the Ranger for the money.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
⬆ Whoa! That’s pretty damn disgusting. I’m shocked, absolutely shocked I tell you!

To think dealers would take a truck with an affordable, reasonable, alleged MSRP (XL + Tremor pkg) of@ $25k and callously jump it’s “real price if you want one bad enough” up to more than $50k!

I’m shocked I tell you ? (hopefully when the economy and supply chain issues improve, people will remember who the ones were who priced gouged…)

Last edited:

ThundahBeagle

Yes. I was at a large local dealer of some clout this past weekend. The 6 Mavs they had (and nobody else around has any) all were AWD with some options, all on the sticker, coming to about 32. Also on every sticker, hand written "Market Adjustment $15,000."

No joke.

So at $47k for a modestly appointed AWD Mav, I can only imagine what the regular cost would be, and i bet the Market Adjustment puts it 55 -60? More?

And that's not all. The lowest priced Bronco they had (again, nobody else in the area has any) was mid-70's.

A loaded Jeep Rubicon is looking dang near an economy buy at that point

ThundahBeagle

It'll be available with the xlt or lariat packages. Xlt starts at $27500.
Tremor pkg $2995
Tremor appearance package $1495

I was looking at XLT models this past weekend. At least as it stands now, itll probably be xlt at 28k (or more depending on your chosen options) PLUS 15k. Tremor package $2995 PLUS something K because they can, same for appearance package. Based on a 15k markup on a 32k truck, I'd estimate 40 to 50% markup on packages as well, or at least, if they cant markup packages, that markup of the total.

Too bad, too. Cool little truck. A little bigger than the old Ranger, modern twist. I just wish they would go back to making 4 cyl compact trucks body on frame

Explorerinil

Observer
How Fun! An affordable, cheap, non-gas guzzzling, 4x4 little play truck may actually be coming soon from Ford.

Introducing the Maverick Tremor!

This sounds like a great idea but is Ford taking a gamble here? By using that nameplate, will that lessen the coolio kismet or desirability or bragging rights to owning the “real” Tremor?

View attachment 734890

Today Ford announced a new “Tremor” off-road package for the affordable Maverick (the popular XL trim prices out at about $20,000 and change, per the below story). This attractive new version of the Maverick, design tuned for real off-roading, will create a starter version for off-roader buyers who can’t afford/don’t want a full sized, pricier Tremor.

(From above article)
“Ranger, F-150 and SuperDuty customers have embraced the unique off-road capability, technology and appearance updates found across our Tremor family of trucks,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck product marketing and brand manager, in a company news release. “Maverick Tremor delivers on this same promise with new functions and features designed for off-roading — all while keeping the truck’s signature size, affordability.”

COMING SOON:
I’ve read that this enticing new offering which should be available as early as next month (!), is predicted to be package priced out at @ $3,000, and promises to add an anti slip rear diff locker, a trail control feature operating like cruise control for trail driving, and tougher shocks better designed for its harder use.

Man, this is tempting. Would you consider getting one of these? Can Ford avoid the fiasco of the Baby Bronco order delays if the M T takes off?
Did you forget about the early 2000’s ranger tremor, which was a truck with a large factory stereo?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Pass. I wouldn't buy anything with the 2.0L Eco-boost, or any of the Eco-boosts for that matter. Too many issues.
There are many versions of the 2L “many”
The newer ones are pretty solid. All of them pretty much demand good OCI or they’re junk fast. But that goes for all the modern engines. They all need careful oil change intervals. If your bad at keeping the oci solid stick to ancient V8’s that will run on anything of oil like texture?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
It'll be available with the xlt or lariat packages. Xlt starts at $27500.
Tremor pkg $2995
Tremor appearance package $1495
Definitely way better than a Subaru which was my only option for 4dr compact/efficient some what rugged back in 2000.. Definitely a much need vehicle in today’s market. Would totally get one. Even FWD / hybrid for my daily property maintenance stuff and local kid hauling etc.

Grassland

That price creep is a thing, the little 2wd four banger Rangers of the past were actually cheap.
I haven't looked lately but it's sounding like we'll be able to option up a Maverick into the 40s shortly.

ThundahBeagle

You don't have to option up a Mav to 40. The dealers are doing it with the stroke of a pen. 27k machines marked up by 15k "market adjustment " around here

tacollie

Glamper
An XL Maverick is still pretty affordable. It'll be more comfortable, faster, and get better gas mileage than a 2wd drive ranger did 20 years ago. I'm guessing the Maverick will lose out on robustness and dependability with lack of maintenance. My dad's had a couple two wheel drive rangers and I'm pretty sure he never changed the oil on them. Just check it and top it off ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles