Pajero Mk2 SWB MIVEC Build

CharlieNorth

NAA, rolled it out of the shop to fit a short customer job and spend a little time for maintenance on our road cars. My 72 Colt has most all the interior removed after a heater hose burst late last year, still have not worked on the Pajero but I am getting allot done on my airplane.

Last edited:

CharlieNorth

Nothing real to show but I have the factory fogs hung in place. One might say these will be removed if I am going off road.

fPBkKBK.jpg

3cycANQ.jpg

CharlieNorth

Were there factory fog on this Pajero model?
Yes, above the bumper where I have the Hella 2000 driving lights, the fogs had the stabilizing strap up to the hoop as well, When I took delivery Shaun had put the fogs inside for the travel.

Nbf

A little weird. I don't see fog on Pajero-2 in catalogs and electrical diagrams. The restyle Pajero-2, which began production in 1997, has fog, but they are installed inside the front bumper. At various times, our team had several hundred Pajero-2 and Montero-2, and I did not see factory fog on any of the cars of the first years of production. It was always about fog installed independently, not at the factory.

Nbf

I found it! :) MR108299. These fog were installed only on the Pajero-2 for the Japanese region, which is probably why I didn't know anything about them. And it also turned out that I had seen such fog on cars, but at the same time I was mistaken, believing that this was additional equipment. Another interesting point: until 1995, these fog were installed only on a short car and only since 1995 - on a 5-door one. On my 5-door Pajero-2 from Japan, 1993, there were no fog lights or electrical wiring for them. At the same time, the car was in the maximum configuration.

CharlieNorth

Good research, I have had a curiosity on these lights as well, granted I have not driven with them yet and I do really like top quality lighting I am grateful Mitsu offered these at the time rather than so many lights that were only installed for style. To be looked at rather than assist driving.
I just took a look at where you live, I brought over one of the Helical front differentials for this and have a list of more parts that I only find in your country but have to wait due to the BS that is happening in the world. Hope life is well for you over there. Our Government is trying to ruin us as well as you.

CharlieNorth

A little bit off topic, My '95 SR with the 3.8 DOHC engine has been parked for a few years since we had a monster snow dump some time back. I was backing it up in 4' of snow which piled and packed up behind it. The snow folded up the rust weakened tailpipe which shut the engine off. Changing the plugs were not enough to get it running on all 6. I had partially built a new exhaust but life got compex so it was put out to pasture. I started pulling the trailer wire harness and driving lights to swap them onto the Pajero. I suspected the fuel pump had failed while sitting, in reality it had not, it is just real quite. I recently drained the gas tank, yesterday I put a few gallons of fresh non E gas in it, set a battery in place and fired it up. The valve train is clattery, no surprise. It yard drives nice though, brakes are fine but kind of noisy due to rusty rotors. But dang I forgot how much power that engine makes right from the bottom end. Heck it is still registered, just needs inspection and insurance reinstated, time to put it in use. My wife and I are hosting a Young Eagles event tomorrow and I had planned to bring the airplane I am building over for display but with rain in the forecast it will stay in the shop. Back to the Pajero soon.

Last edited:

CharlieNorth

Not really sure if this qualifies as progress but my Lil Pajero is finally up close to my Superboat which is one of it's duties to tow around. Well OK, my Lil Raider brought the boat over to it.
MaWY0iA.jpg

D7XfxF0.jpg

CharlieNorth

They both really want to get out and play rather than hiding under a dusting of snow all day.
quX9yxB.jpg

Last edited:

CharlieNorth

Well here we are months later and nether my Pajero or my Superboat are enjoying the wait for the snow to go away, but they need to be patient sine we have another foot or more coming over the next few days. Hard to think I just cleard the snow off them three days ago and allot of the recent snow has melted.
And neither of them are happy that I am indoors working on my airplane.
Payc095.jpg

CharlieNorth

Gee, I missed last week, it's getting deeper.
The curl on the front of the Superboat's trailer is 14" of cement type snow that sagged into a curl. It originally stood straight up. The second image is a closer shot of the snow piled on the tounge jack. And the third is snow clinging to the tip of a Lilac shrub that the snow clung onto. Crazy sticky snow.
qL6bIcs.jpg

gvblPbR.jpg

ZfkGUO1.jpg

plh

Explorer
Predicted 6" to 10" here for tomorrow. We have had bare ground for 2 weeks. Glad I'm getting outa here for a few days to SoCal next week.

CharlieNorth

Over the past week I have spent allot of hours reading every post in this thread, I get strong memories reflecting back to the Wire with all the helpful and constructive comments and conversations.
I also realized how much I hurried most all my earlier posts, spelling errors for the most part. But sentance structure and clarity of some technical description as well. So I found the edit function was still alive, now my posts have better than 6th grade spelling and writing that were in part due to doing write ups after 10-14hr work sessions. There are many great people on this forum. Thank you to all.
9 hr road trip to our dentist today and back on the new intake manifold for my airplane tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles