Isuzu NPR Radio wiring diagram

nikpo

Hi,
Just bought a used NPS300 with, among other things, a knackered audio unit. Isuzu are asking 350 AUD just for the SD card! So I'm going to install a Sony double-DIN and run it off and inverter.
My problem is sorting out all the wiring. I'd appreciate it if anyone has a wiring diagram for the original DIR4800 audio head.
Thx

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Can't help you with a wiring diagram, but there are numerous companies that make wiring harness adapter kits for stereo units.

I have used Aerpro kits in the past, which have made the task of installing a non OEM stereo relatively painless.
In my FG84 I replaced the OEM single DIN radio with an Android double DIN unit and simply used a Mitsubishi to ISO adapter, which worked perfectly.

clydeps

. I'd appreciate it if anyone has a wiring diagram for the original DIR4800 audio head.
Thx

I have some info on the 2021 NPS head unit pinout, but it might be different. Can you get a photo of the connectors, and the wire colours on the back of the plug?

i also have a new head unit from a 2021 NPS that I have been meaning to sell - I took it out as soon as I got the truck and put something else in.

nikpo

Here you go. Obviously antenna and reversing camera plugs not shown. What did you fit instead of the Isuzu radio?

Attachments

• 20220601_212249~2.jpg
    20220601_212249~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13

clydeps

I put in a 10" Joying Android unit. Lovely big screen, but still a work in progress getting it set up how I want it.

I'll have a look at the connector on mine tomorrow. There are not that many wires.

nikpo

Even Isuzu and the mob that used to service them on behalf of them, won't forward the wiring diagram

clydeps

Ok, sorry for the delay. The connector looks the same as mine:

2021-10-26 10.44.26.jpg 2021-10-26 10.48.05.jpg

And I believe this is the pinout (this is a Mitsubishi/Dodge diagram, seems to be the same but no rear speakers.) The connector was used on quite a few Mitsubishi vehicles so you may be able to find an ISO harness that will work.

I still have the new Dave head unit if you're interested. Make me an offer.

pinout.png

nikpo

View attachment 724972 View attachment 724973

And I believe this is the pinout (this is a Mitsubishi/Dodge diagram, seems to be the same but no rear speakers.) The connector was used on quite a few Mitsubishi vehicles so you may be able to find an ISO harness that will work.

View attachment 724974

View attachment 724972 View attachment 724973

View attachment 724974
Sorry, already bought a Sony head unit.
Did the Dave head unit come with a wiring diagram?

nikpo

BTW does anyone know which scanner will actually work? If tried crossing the pins and a scanner from an auto shop..no luck! I've been suggested a 950 or 3600AUD scanner...get real!
Help appreciated...again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles