Big Booty Judy - 2014 DC Tundra Build w OVRLND Camper

dstefan

Sold the Habitat, and am awaiting a Camp Ovrlnd topper in a few months.
Congratulations on making the move. Think you’ll like it. I guess you pretty much had to living in Flag and all :D.
If you havent found it yet, check out the Ovrlnd thread … we need another Tundra and Arizonan!

Whens it ready?

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I've been going through that thread quite a bit to get idea and the different options. I put the deposit down a few months back, so will need to chat w Jay this weekend to see what he says. My mother bought one a few years back and loves it, and after taking it out several times, that solidified the switch.

dstefan

I figured you probably had found it, but wanted to mention it. Thats great you’re gonna be a second generation Ovrlnd owner!

Have you figured your configuration out yet?

Flyelk1

I too have a Tundra DC and have recently put an Alu Cabin on it. Love the set up. The interior build out has been the most enjoyable for me. Endless options.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I figured you probably had found it, but wanted to mention it. Thats great you’re gonna be a second generation Ovrlnd owner!

Have you figured your configuration out yet?

I've got the camper build all set and the am still working on how I want to do the interior of the bed. My last build was a bit rattle trap, so I intend to be a bit more intentional this time. Likely something out of 80/20 on the DS of the bed that I can remove if I need to haul stuff.

dstefan

I've got the camper build all set and the am still working on how I want to do the interior of the bed. My last build was a bit rattle trap, so I intend to be a bit more intentional this time. Likely something out of 80/20 on the DS of the bed that I can remove if I need to haul stuff.

Seems like having the Habitat first would be an advantage in knowing what you want. Coming from a tent we basically defaulted to our pre-camper mode with the fridge in the same place and a few Plano boxes, etc for several trips until we could better figure out what we wanted as far as a interior structure. Glad we waited and tried some movable approaches first.

If you haven’t used 8020 before check out Tnutz. Half the price and way faster shipping …

shmabs

Explorer
Hi there,

Nice looking tundra! Can you share some details on your roof rack setup? Looks like some rails secured to the roof channel, and then feet to fit.

Mike

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Drove from Flag to Ridgway, CO and back this weekend...waiting on a CampOvrlnd for Big Booty Judy, and a regular ol ARE presented, so yeah...long drive, but I got to fish. I'm working on my WNTI species, and knocked off #3... the Colorado River Cutthroat. Pic dump ahead.

Now, in checking with the dude that runs the WNTI, only one of these is a true CRCT...but which?

Shout out to Rep Your Water for my home state native fish Apache Trout!!!

In AZ...not every hole holds a fish...in CO, and on this particular water, literally every hole had a fish...and this was the money fly...my buddy's hadn't tied Sparkle Wing PMD(pale morning dun(dull grayish-brown color))

And for you kinky ******ks...enjoy my foot

Beautiful view on the drive back, and a big storm north of town.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice Tundra. I love the DCs, but need the extra cab room of the CMax for my bird dogs. I’ll have to sleep diagonal in the tiny bed if I camp back there.

I see you have wheels and tires on it now in one pic, but did you mention what you went with? I might have missed it…

And congrats on the trout slam.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
What kind of bird dogs? I've got an English Springer myself.

For wheels, I went w the Method MR701s in bronze, and Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 275/70/18s w an E load rating. Wont lie, these are the loudest tires I've EVER had...and I've run some janky MT retreads in my college days. But, I wouldn't swap them for anything due to their durability and side wall ratings compared to other tires.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’ve got 2 Weimaraners. Do you hunt your Springer?

And I’ve run ST Maxxs on my 100 series, Tacoma and Dodge Cummins 3500. They were only “quiet” on the Dodge, but that’s what a 5” exhaust on a tuned diesel is good for…. Making loud tires seem quiet!

My new dog limo::

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles