New Bronco

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Hopefully it all gets worked out.
The 4runner I ordered came in the other day, and I test drove it last night, I found it way more comfortable to sit in and drive compared to the Bronco, just the power sucked compared to a manual/4.46 geared Bronco but that's to be expected.. They are willing to let it sit for a little bit while I wait for the Bronco. So hopefully I get the Ford back quick enough to trade it in and not give up my order. I did a couple highway trips with the Bronco before the whole transmission thing and it was comfy but my back didn't like it sometimes. Mostly due to the seat angle and where my head kinda sits. I didn't notice any of that with the 4runner.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The 4runner I ordered came in the other day, and I test drove it last night, I found it way more comfortable to sit in and drive compared to the Bronco, just the power sucked compared to a manual/4.46 geared Bronco but that's to be expected.. They are willing to let it sit for a little bit while I wait for the Bronco. So hopefully I get the Ford back quick enough to trade it in and not give up my order. I did a couple highway trips with the Bronco before the whole transmission thing and it was comfy but my back didn't like it sometimes. Mostly due to the seat angle and where my head kinda sits. I didn't notice any of that with the 4runner.
Which Toyota store? I dealt with 2 when shopping for a '22 Tunrda. Gateway and Toyota northwest. Both seemed like good dealerships. Hopefully it all gets worked out for you.

Why no GM this time around? Silverado ZR2?

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Which Toyota store? I dealt with 2 when shopping for a '22 Tunrda. Gateway and Toyota northwest. Both seemed like good dealerships. Hopefully it all gets worked out for you.

Why no GM this time around? Silverado ZR2?
WEM Toyota. I dealt with Toyota Northwest and didn't like them. They lowballed me hard on the Bronco and tried to sell me a used Trail $6k over MSRP. That and salesman/manager had poor manners after I said no to their offers.

The Colorado twins are old trucks and I had two of them, not interested in $1000+ leaky shocks when they do fail. New models are a year out. My Sierra blew its engine under 30k, the Silverado had poor support in the aftermarket for what I needed. The newer trucks have ugly interiors (except for the 22+ models but the new RC/SB models have the old interiors). The ZR2 Silverado is outta my price range for what I'm willing to pay on a new car right now. I'm getting the 4runner as it will be worth something in 3 years if I decide to sell it and it checks lots of comfort boxes albeit it's an older model.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Stuff happens - I wouldn't get too bent about that, it's something we all have to deal with on vehicles as much as it sucks . A buddy of mine had his nearly new Tacoma, this was 4-5 years ago, get stuck in low range 10 hrs from home....he drove to the nearest town at 15 mph which was like 25 miles away.....full replacement, not a common failure point on the Tacos, was trouble free after that.
A Tacoma problem is more of an anomaly than a Ford problem though.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Major powertrain issues are rare across the board, I don't care what is on the grille.

I have had Fords for over 20 years, just bought my latest one a week ago yesterday. They have done fine by me.

We have had our Bronco for 2mo and we are still loving it.
Maybe I’m jaded- mine has not been good- even though I love the truck, seems super solid- just not reliable.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Maybe I’m jaded- mine has not been good- even though I love the truck, seems super solid- just not reliable.

Which truck are you referring to?

I’m at 4 months on my Wildtrak order. I was told 4-6 months, but expect 6-8 or more. I’ve seen the identical spec Bronco in Vancouver so I know they are building what I ordered. Luckily my Tacoma sale (back to dealer for $9,500 more than I pad in ‘20) bought me an awesome Sequoia to drive until the Bronco gets here.

Anyone here with a 2.7 auto in a4 door ‘Squatch? I’m curious on what sort of fuel economy you’re seeing. I’ve been hearing unbelievable numbers from F150 4x4s with the 2.7, but don’t expect as good out of the 35s on the Bronco.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
The (half-)sibling of the Bronco is getting updated in Australia:

"The current 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel has been dropped.​

The new standard engine – previously optional – is the twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel (154kW/500Nm) backed by a 10-speed auto.​
For the first time in the Ford Everest, a single-turbo 3.0-litre V6 diesel (184kW/600Nm, pictured above) will be available – also backed by a 10-speed auto – in Sport and Platinum model grades."​

So a different range, with purely diesel available.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Father in law just had his 2 door sasquatch delivered this weekend. Got to drive it for 30 mins. What a nice ride. Love it.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The (half-)sibling of the Bronco is getting updated in Australia:

"The current 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel has been dropped.​

The new standard engine – previously optional – is the twin-turbo 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel (154kW/500Nm) backed by a 10-speed auto.​
For the first time in the Ford Everest, a single-turbo 3.0-litre V6 diesel (184kW/600Nm, pictured above) will be available – also backed by a 10-speed auto – in Sport and Platinum model grades."​

So a different range, with purely diesel available.
Another diesel engine we can't get here. Same with the Hilux. A formerly anti-diesel friend drove a Hilux in Nicaragua and was blown away with the low end grunt and the fuel economy.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Which truck are you referring to?

I’m at 4 months on my Wildtrak order. I was told 4-6 months, but expect 6-8 or more. I’ve seen the identical spec Bronco in Vancouver so I know they are building what I ordered. Luckily my Tacoma sale (back to dealer for $9,500 more than I pad in ‘20) bought me an awesome Sequoia to drive until the Bronco gets here.

Anyone here with a 2.7 auto in a4 door ‘Squatch? I’m curious on what sort of fuel economy you’re seeing. I’ve been hearing unbelievable numbers from F150 4x4s with the 2.7, but don’t expect as good out of the 35s on the Bronco.
My 2.7 F150 crew cab shows16.6 with 34” bfg all terrains. Probably about 1mpg actually better than the meter so 17.5.

naks

Well, this is interesting...

Ford Bronco Engines Failing With Under 10K Miles On The Clock: https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-bronco-engines-failing-with-under-10k-miles-on-the-clock

"... A thread concerning the 310-hp 2.7-liter twin-turbo V6 Ecoboost powertrain blowing up first appeared on December 29, 2021. One blown engine is not a cause for concern, as there could be various reasons. But as of April 22, there are reports from 46 different Bronco owners, all complaining about the same engine.

The Bronco6G forum now has a comprehensive list of failures, including the average mileage at which the engines fail. Rather worryingly, most of the problems are related to dropping a valve, which appears to happen at less than 10,000 miles...."

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles