Tiger Adventure vehicle

Mmurphy

Hi. I'm looking for a 2007 or older diesel Tiger 4x4 for a Pan-American trip. Budget is $60k.

rawtoxic

Someone was trying to sell a 2006 duramax needing some interior finishing for $90k on here recently I think the thread disappeared after a few people were critical of price. Maybe you could find a middle ground on price with them? I thought it was a $20-30k high personally but they think it is the greatest truck ever built so might be hard to reason with that logic.

I would recommend the Tapatalk Tiger Owners forum for posting a wanted ad I found my Tiger that way. Within 30 - 45 days of posting wanted ad I was able to secure a Tiger, not my first choice but a decent enough one at a very fair price. Had a lead on a second unit up North of the border. Our Tiger was able to get our family out there and we can continue to save and shop for the perfect rig (which maybe another Tiger or not - still deciding...) Also I don't know why you really want the diesel but I am more than happy with our 8.1 allison gas setup I believe it to be very underrated and if you research it you will find out the same, if you look I own some great diesel trucks for work and still have mad respect for the 8.1 allison setup. (I won't even drive autos but with the RV it's nice to have my lady help with long drives and if I'm hurt she can save me - thanks honey)

Also a 2009 Tiger CX is for sale on Tapatalk Tiger Forums here is some details if your not a member; I can message the seller with your phone # if you DM me.

2009 Tiger CX - Chevy 3500 4x4, Ext Cab, Duramax Diesel, 6 Speed Allison Transmission 207K Miles - $50,000

Sad as it seems, our Tiger is for sale. It has been well cared for and through many adventures, but it is now time for a new family to enjoy it. We are in Northern California.

Our Tiger as Ordered

Chassis

• 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab 4WD LT1
  • 6.6ltr Duramax Diesel Power Package (includes 6 speed Allison Transmission)
  • Standard Provan Ordered Vehicle Options: LT 265/75 R 16E Steel Radials, Heavy Duty Shocks, Heavy Duty Radiator, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, 34 Gal. Fuel Tank, Chrome 16" Steel Wheels, Tinted Glass, Intermittent Wipers, AM/FM 6-Disc C/D MP3, Transmission Oil Cooler, Power Windows & Door Locks, Power Mirrors – Extendable, Daytime Running Lights, Tow Hitch: 600 - 7,500 lb, Skid Plates, Sport Tube Step Rails, Heavy Duty Locking Differential
  • Interior Plus Package: Driver power seat, Steering wheel audio controls, Bluetooth for phone
  • Exterior Plus Package: Remote Starter System; Universal Home Remote; Halogen Fog Lamps

Coach

• Standard Provan Coach Items: 4 Gal. Water Heater, 30 Amp Multi-Stage Converter, 3 Burner Range & Hood, 2.8 Onan Generator, Rear Stereo Speakers, Side Awning - Fiamma 4500, Entry Step, 16,000 BTU Auto Furnace, Systems Monitor Panel, Nova Kool 4.3 cu. Ft. Refrigerator.
  • 34 gal Fresh Water Tank, 17 gal Gray Water Tank, 20 gal Black Water Tank.
  • Cold Weather Heated Tanks.
  • Fantastic Power Vent w/Remote and Rain Sensor
  • 130w Solar Panel w/ Controller
  • Outdoor Shower
  • Super Springs Suspension System
  • Vinyl Flooring
  • Voyager Back-Up Camera
  • Convection Microwave
  • Floor and Ceiling Insulation
  • Double Bulldog Cabinet Catches in all Cabinets

Our Improvements

• 600 Watt inverter and automatic switch so all 110 plugs run on the inverter or shore power.
  • Additional 100w solar panel and Tri-Metric Solar Controller.
  • Replaced exterior running lights with sealed LED lights.
  • Replaced original batteries with 2 6V Lifeline GPL-4CTDeep Cycle RV Batteries.
  • Removed air conditioner and added a second Fantastic Fan.
  • Added a propane quick connect inside the cab for using a Wave heater.
  • Added heater pad to the water pump.
  • Built platform behind front seats in extended cab area, with two Platinum elfa Mesh 3-Drawer Units for storage on platform behind each front seat. Drawers pull both ways, so are accessible from inside or from the outside extended cab doors.
  • Replaced all bulbs with LEDs including the under sink fluorescent fixture and the stove vent bulb. bulb.
  • Added fan to refrigerator box to use in very hot weather.
  • Redesigned spare tire mount so no extension is needed to use a hitch mounted bike rack.
  • Replaced innerspring mattress with a quality 3” foam mattress and a Froli Bed System underneath for more comfort and better air circulation.
  • Includes hydraulic bottle jack in addition to the standard jack, 2 sets of chains, and 4 plastic traction boards.
  • Includes 2 Camco RV Tri-Levelers for uneven ground.

Mmurphy

Someone was trying to sell a 2006 duramax needing some interior finishing for $90k on here recently I think the thread disappeared after a few people were critical of price. Maybe you could find a middle ground on price with them? I thought it was a $20-30k high personally but they think it is the greatest truck ever built so might be hard to reason with that logic.

I would recommend the Tapatalk Tiger Owners forum for posting a wanted ad I found my Tiger that way. Within 30 - 45 days of posting wanted ad I was able to secure a Tiger, not my first choice but a decent enough one at a very fair price. Had a lead on a second unit up North of the border. Our Tiger was able to get our family out there and we can continue to save and shop for the perfect rig (which maybe another Tiger or not - still deciding...) Also I don't know why you really want the diesel but I am more than happy with our 8.1 allison gas setup I believe it to be very underrated and if you research it you will find out the same, if you look I own some great diesel trucks for work and still have mad respect for the 8.1 allison setup. (I won't even drive autos but with the RV it's nice to have my lady help with long drives and if I'm hurt she can save me - thanks honey)

Also a 2009 Tiger CX is for sale on Tapatalk Tiger Forums here is some details if your not a member; I can message the seller with your phone # if you DM me.

2009 Tiger CX - Chevy 3500 4x4, Ext Cab, Duramax Diesel, 6 Speed Allison Transmission 207K Miles - $50,000

Sad as it seems, our Tiger is for sale. It has been well cared for and through many adventures, but it is now time for a new family to enjoy it. We are in Northern California.

Our Tiger as Ordered

Chassis

• Standard Provan Ordered Vehicle Options: LT 265/75 R 16E Steel Radials, Heavy Duty Shocks, Heavy Duty Radiator, Tilt Steering Wheel, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, 34 Gal. Fuel Tank, Chrome 16" Steel Wheels, Tinted Glass, Intermittent Wipers, AM/FM 6-Disc C/D MP3, Transmission Oil Cooler, Power Windows & Door Locks, Power Mirrors – Extendable, Daytime Running Lights, Tow Hitch: 600 - 7,500 lb, Skid Plates, Sport Tube Step Rails, Heavy Duty Locking Differential
  • Interior Plus Package: Driver power seat, Steering wheel audio controls, Bluetooth for phone
  • Exterior Plus Package: Remote Starter System; Universal Home Remote; Halogen Fog Lamps

Coach

• Standard Provan Coach Items: 4 Gal. Water Heater, 30 Amp Multi-Stage Converter, 3 Burner Range & Hood, 2.8 Onan Generator, Rear Stereo Speakers, Side Awning - Fiamma 4500, Entry Step, 16,000 BTU Auto Furnace, Systems Monitor Panel, Nova Kool 4.3 cu. Ft. Refrigerator.
  • Outdoor Shower
  • Vinyl Flooring
  • Voyager Back-Up Camera
  • Convection Microwave

Our Improvements

• 600 Watt inverter and automatic switch so all 110 plugs run on the inverter or shore power.
  • Replaced original batteries with 2 6V Lifeline GPL-4CTDeep Cycle RV Batteries.
  • Built platform behind front seats in extended cab area, with two Platinum elfa Mesh 3-Drawer Units for storage on platform behind each front seat. Drawers pull both ways, so are accessible from inside or from the outside extended cab doors.
  • Replaced all bulbs with LEDs including the under sink fluorescent fixture and the stove vent bulb. bulb.
  • Redesigned spare tire mount so no extension is needed to use a hitch mounted bike rack.
  • Replaced innerspring mattress with a quality 3” foam mattress and a Froli Bed System underneath for more comfort and better air circulation.
  • Includes hydraulic bottle jack in addition to the standard jack, 2 sets of chains, and 4 plastic traction boards.
@rawtoxic thank you for the information. I saw the 2009 Tiger listed on FB for sale. Unfortunately it will not work for our pan-am trip. If you hear of any others please let me know!

Mmurphy

Our Tiger as Ordered

Chassis

Coach

• Outdoor Shower
  • Vinyl Flooring
  • Voyager Back-Up Camera
  • Convection Microwave

Our Improvements

@rawtoxic thank you again for the info. We decided to go with the 2009 Tiger
iger! So excited to join the Tiger family:)

rawtoxic

@rawtoxic thank you again for the info. We decided to go with the 2009 Tiger
iger! So excited to join the Tiger family:)

I think you scored a great Tiger at a pretty fair price, high miles scares some but the previous owners really cared for that one - look forward to seeing you out there! I think Chevy made some very durable vehicles around then, mine is also high miles but it was owned by a engineer and he really cared for it so I think you will be happy! Tiger forum has been lifesaver multiple times for finding parts, advice and new friends! Best of luck with a pan-america trip hopefully you post some details! One of the Tigers we looked and passed on had made the journey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles