New Bronco

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Only if the customer got it in writing, otherwise it is a game if he said/she said and Ford understandably won't get in the middle
I have heard of a few dealers that had put it in writing, but when it came in, they did offer to sell it at MSRP, but had 10k in warranty and other stuff like paint protection, nitrogen etc.. all in hopes the customer would not take the vehicle and it could be sold for 30k over. This happened with the first editions.

85_Ranger4x4

I have heard of a few dealers that had put it in writing, but when it came in, they did offer to sell it at MSRP, but had 10k in warranty and other stuff like paint protection, nitrogen etc.. all in hopes the customer would not take the vehicle and it could be sold for 30k over. This happened with the first editions.

That is generally when ford will step in and go to bat for the customer.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
That would be one heck of a sleazy dealership.

85_Ranger4x4

Oh I know on lot vehicles, but an order vehicle after the fact seems real bad.

It is.

Dealers know if the person that ordered it won't pay $5-10k over sticker there is a line a mile long of people ready willing and able to pay $15-20k over.

Our dealer honored the handshake, I had a year and a half to fret about it going sideways though.

Last edited:

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Almost four weeks in since I dropped off the Bronco. Still no ETA on when the dealership will receive a new transmission to replace the bad unit. I inquired with the sales team, if they would be interested in buying it off me. They offered $12k less then three other dealerships. I just want the damn thing back so I can get rid of it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Almost four weeks in since I dropped off the Bronco. Still no ETA on when the dealership will receive a new transmission to replace the bad unit. I inquired with the sales team, if they would be interested in buying it off me. They offered $12k less then three other dealerships. I just want the damn thing back so I can get rid of it.
Do you at least have a loaner?
What do you think you'll replace it with?

nickw

Adventurer
Stuff happens - I wouldn't get too bent about that, it's something we all have to deal with on vehicles as much as it sucks . A buddy of mine had his nearly new Tacoma, this was 4-5 years ago, get stuck in low range 10 hrs from home....he drove to the nearest town at 15 mph which was like 25 miles away.....full replacement, not a common failure point on the Tacos, was trouble free after that.

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Do you at least have a loaner?
What do you think you'll replace it with?
I have an F150 for a loaner, no idea what i'll replace it with. I did have a 4runner trail on order and that should arrive this week but if the Bronco is out of commission, I can't buy the 4runner and will have to give up my deposit.

That's the first transmission failure I've heard of. Auto or manual?
Manual. On the forums, there are people facing similar issues with their manuals. A few of them are getting their transmissions replaced, a few other are in the uh-oh I'm hearing similar noises kinda situation.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have an F150 for a loaner, no idea what i'll replace it with. I did have a 4runner trail on order and that should arrive this week but if the Bronco is out of commission, I can't buy the 4runner and will have to give up my deposit.

Manual. On the forums, there are people facing similar issues with their manuals. A few of them are getting their transmissions replaced, a few other are in the uh-oh I'm hearing similar noises kinda situation.
Hopefully it all gets worked out.

nickw

Adventurer
Stuff happens - I wouldn't get too bent about that, it's something we all have to deal with on vehicles as much as it sucks . A buddy of mine had his nearly new Tacoma, this was 4-5 years ago, get stuck in low range 10 hrs from home....he drove to the nearest town at 15 mph which was like 25 miles away.....full replacement, not a common failure point on the Tacos, was trouble free after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier