where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Cayenne-958-TDI

Following along with 2 Cayenne's in the garage (1 just removed from trail duty as the big rig will take over). -Otis fan :)
-
We have an Ineos Grenadier on Pre-Order - If / once it gets here, 'Otis' will then be retired from longer trail trips Biggest issue with diesel, it severely limits where we can travel - only in most of North America. We want to travel in Mexico, Central & South America - no-can-do as ULSD fuel is not available. The petrol Grenadier will open other worlds for us!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
-
We have an Ineos Grenadier on Pre-Order - If / once it gets here, 'Otis' will then be retired from longer trail trips Biggest issue with diesel, it severely limits where we can travel - only in most of North America. We want to travel in Mexico, Central & South America - no-can-do as ULSD fuel is not available. The petrol Grenadier will open other worlds for us!

Ditto and concur. :cool:

kwill

Observer
OK, step one, get a Cayenne:
WslYvOd.jpg

Step two, wheels and tires. Suggestions welcome.

Cayenne-958-TDI

Congrats! - Looking forward to seeing you on trail
18" wheels with BFG KO2s in 255-55-18 are all we have needed these past 125k miles.
Highly suggest first, before mods, taking it on easy trails as is to learn how it handles prior to any changes.
Remember everything has to earn its place with weight and space prime considerations.
Finally, figure out what you want to do before doing anything to it!

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Congrats! - Looking forward to seeing you on trail
18" wheels with BFG KO2s in 255-55-18 are all we have needed these past 125k miles.
Highly suggest first, before mods, taking it on easy trails as is to learn how it handles prior to any changes.
Remember everything has to earn its place with weight and space prime considerations.
Finally, figure out what you want to do before doing anything to it!

Have you experimented with a taller tire? I'd like to go up an inch but there does not look like there is enough room in the front wheel well.

kwill

Observer
255/55-18 are 29" X 10". I put 265/60-18 on mine and they are 30.5" tall and 10.4" tall. The tires I took off were 30.4" tall and a lot wider. Neither set rubbed at all on road but I have not gone off-road yet.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
255/55-18 are 29" X 10". I put 265/60-18 on mine and they are 30.5" tall and 10.4" tall. The tires I took off were 30.4" tall and a lot wider. Neither set rubbed at all on road but I have not gone off-road yet.
But you are using aftermarket wheels . Do they have the same offset as a stock wheel?

Cayenne-958-TDI

Have you experimented with a taller tire? I'd like to go up an inch but there does not look like there is enough room in the front wheel well.
We have stuck to the standard 255/55/18
Feel that while larger would work in town, off-road technical situations could become sketchy.
Especially for our diesel's inter-coolers located in the front wheel wells.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Since the Touareg is a cousin to the Cayenne it too suffers from a lack of aftermarket products for off-road use. It's darn hard enough just to find a decent skid plate. There have been some attempts but it was all custom stuff.
Still, it takes me on 99% of the trails I'm interested in, and that's all that matters.
Try www.eurowise.com for skid plates

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles