Total Composites full introduction!

Alexthomas89

This F-350 was delivered to BC before Covid. The camper was assembled at ITB in Surrey BC and shipped across the border to the USA where the customer picked it up yesterday. Currently there are 5 others either in the planing or assembly stage at ITB.
View attachment 593568

I ordered the 8ft cab over with a departure angle making the box 10ft. Im really interested in knowing the weight of this box and the dimensions.

Alexthomas89

that's for the empty box only? would you be willing to share the dimensions. I was told it would weigh around 1000lbs, I'm getting worried now.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
that's for the empty box only? would you be willing to share the dimensions. I was told it would weigh around 1000lbs, I'm getting worried now.

Empty box and the Tern euro door. I have a custom front wall that has steel slats inside like the floor so that’s probably about an extra 100lbs that most wouldn’t have

Also. Although box was empty inside, the AC and solar was on the roof, so that’s about another 250lbs. So close estimate would be 1800lbs for BOX only

Box is 10ft floor, 6’6” height inside, don’t remember off the top of my head but around 86-90” wide

I was told around 1500lbs. The extra 300-400lbs doesn’t bother me Whatsoever.

I went with a 5500 specifically so I wouldn’t be stressing about weight like i see 95% of people doing when they do builds, over and over and over.

This is NOT a slide in camper, this is a full box

More details and such in my YouTube thing, link in Sig below

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I thought I share this here too.

Discontinuing of direct sale custom orders

What does that mean?

After 7 very busy years offering custom expedition camper kits we came to the conclusion that our Total Composites team reached a point where we can not handle the vast amount of phone calls and emails to guide customers through these sometimes complicated processes. These type of orders take weeks and sometimes months to process. We could, of course, hire more people to deal with this, but the reality is that it’s extremely difficult to find staff that has the knowledge and drive to offer that service.

After ~265 amazing expedition truck body kits Total Composites will stop direct sale custom orders as of June 1st. 2022
IMPORTANT: custom orders can still be placed through our partners Overland Adventure Trucks, Bear Adventure Vehicles and Pronghorn Expedition Trucks! Truck boxes and flat bed boxes can be ordered through us directly or our partners!
Total Composites will then shift it’s operations to the manufacturing and distribution of assembled, empty pick up truck boxes and flat bed boxes. These empty shells can then be outfitted by the enduser to campers, mobile workshops, disaster response units etc.
We realize that a lot of folks are currently planing of purchasing one of our custom kits. Therefore we set the deadline for possible orders through our office to June 1st.2022. After June 1st, all custom orders will need to go through one of our partners.

With this new found capacity, our team can then focus to further develop/improve/expand our offerings with new exciting designs and components.

Final word:
At this point, we like to thank each and everyone of our current and past customers for your trust and continued support throughout the years! What a ride ! Without your purchase from us, there would be no Total Composites…. Again, from the depth of our hearts, THANK YOU!

kamicrazy99

So is a truck camper with windows installed considered custom?

After ~265 amazing expedition truck body kits Total Composites will stop direct sale custom orders as of June 1st. 2022
IMPORTANT: custom orders can still be placed through our partners Overland Adventure Trucks, Bear Adventure Vehicles and Pronghorn Expedition Trucks! Truck boxes and flat bed boxes can be ordered through us directly or our partners!

Victorian

So is a truck camper with windows installed considered custom?
Lol nope. Just directing the true custom ( one off) orders to our partners. We will still help our customers that are coming to our shop with installs.
cheers

Victorian

Victorian, will you still be selling your extrusions?

the extrusions are not available as a stand alone item. Only in combination with our panels. Otherwise we would allow people to construct their own panels to ultimately create something that could be mistaken as one of our creations. Now imagine if the panels fail…. This would/ could look extremely bad on us. To this day we have had zero panel failures and are extremely proud of that.

supdies

Maybe! Currently working on made in North America composite entry doors and hatches. True custom hatches are not available at the moment.

If you had a hatch ~31-33" wide by ~44" tall, side hinge, you'd likely be able to just fit most mountain bikes without having to remove the front wheel and rotate the bar. I bet you'd have some interest in that size. If you remove the front wheel, then you can probably get away with ~20-24" wide x 36" tall for a mtn bike. Similar to the second largest tern overland hatch turned on its side, which some have done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles