Starting new build - 2022 Frontier

H2O_Doc

Adventurer
Used car prices are so crazy, I sold my Supra for $6,500 more than I paid for it over a year ago (with a repair on the Carfax) and picked ip a new Pro-4X. Not a particularly good photo, but you get the idea. I’m in the field a bit as a biologist, so it won’t be and Uber-off road build, but I’ll add some utilitarian capacities.

1e272479a3f290cb68ae2dcb2185fadb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

plumber mike

Adventurer
I think you are the first actual truck here for the 2022 MY. Congrats. It’s a sharp truck. I’ve just got one myself. 2022 SV. Great little truck and I scored a great price with trading a ratty old well used Chevy they paid way too much for.
I’m thinking a set of 255/75-17 tires is about all I’ll do when the new Michelins wear out. Looking forward to following along and hopefully contribute as well.

H2O_Doc

Adventurer
I think you are the first actual truck here for the 2022 MY. Congrats. It’s a sharp truck. I’ve just got one myself. 2022 SV. Great little truck and I scored a great price with trading a ratty old well used Chevy they paid way too much for.
I’m thinking a set of 255/75-17 tires is about all I’ll do when the new Michelins wear out. Looking forward to following along and hopefully contribute as well.

I’d like to see what it looks like with a set of pizza-cutters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(none)

Adventurer
I wonder with a 2" level if they could fit 255/80R17.
In any case a 265/70R17 is such an affordable tire size.

True. Also sucks all 255/80 17s are E-rated and ~20lbs per tire heavier than stock tires. At least if 255/75 17 or the stock size 265/70 17 can be found easily in SL or C-rated within 10lbs of stock tire weight.

plumber mike

Adventurer
I managed 25.7 over 400 miles on the lie o meter yesterday. 2 lane @ 70 mph. I was conditioned to the previous generations poor economy....so I was pleasantly surprised. The cruise control is a little too aggressive for my liking. I don’t see me using it much.

I also popped off the swaybars and find it a good bit more supple.

I hope you are enjoying yours.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Tire weight is not something to disregard when it comes to performance, however a heavy tire with air in it, is more efficient than a light tire that is flat from a puncture. My Xterra felt very sporty with the P265-70-16 tires, but around here they don't last long on our gravel roads or trails, ask me how I know.

Grassland

At least 265/70 and 285/70 can be found with C load rating, but seeing one in person the 285 might be a tight squeeze. I didn't get a chance to turn the wheel lock to lock or anything like that to see what kind of clearance there is.
The super low first gear should be a big help with larger tires and off road.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I managed 25.7 over 400 miles on the lie o meter yesterday. 2 lane @ 70 mph. I was conditioned to the previous generations poor economy....so I was pleasantly surprised. The cruise control is a little too aggressive for my liking. I don’t see me using it much.

I also popped off the swaybars and find it a good bit more supple.

I hope you are enjoying yours.
The rear, or front also?

plumber mike

Adventurer
The rear, or front also?
I did the front first and it was a big enough improvement to try the back.
Removal of the back resulted in far more sway than removing the front one. I’ll wait until I’m at my final weight to decide if the rear bar will go back on. I may wind up with different springs once I’m at final weight. For now, The slow speed conformity is much better and I don’t mind the higher speed handling differences. YMMV

scarysharkface

Explorer
I did the front first and it was a big enough improvement to try the back.
Removal of the back resulted in far more sway than removing the front one. I’ll wait until I’m at my final weight to decide if the rear bar will go back on. I may wind up with different springs once I’m at final weight. For now, The slow speed conformity is much better and I don’t mind the higher speed handling differences. YMMV
How did you tuck the front sway bar away, or did you just completely remove it? It sure would be nice if someone made a quick-disconnect option for it, but the links are so short I'm not sure that's possible.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles