2014 Ford E-350 12ft SRW Box Truck

CaptainBuilt

Looks awesome! Something I found handy when I was building out my garage/bed and deciding on tubing sizes. https://metalgeek.com/static/deflection.php

Thanks!

Looks good, can you not slide the panels all the way to the front of the rack?

As it is now, no. I'm probably going to do some re-configuring.

I originally had 4, 1"x1" bars under the panels and they just bent. They hold them but there is no way it would last like that. I can't put supports under the cross bars because it would punch holes in the roof. I ended up using a 1"x2" down the center, and now the middle is fine, and the front and rear of the panels have dips in them. The panels are sitting on proud of the rack now. Not what I wanted, and it's not anyone's fault, it's just the way it's working out.

I'm ordering more extrusions, but I could use some input.

I am also going to mount the last panel on the rear of the box, and I might move one of the other ones there too. If I did that, and turned the 1"x2" sideways, I think it might hold. I dunno.

The front is sticking out too far also, so I will have to cut them down. Overall, with the brackets I made, it's super solid.

And you were right, I ran out of hardware LOL...

Raul

Adventurer
One though about the location of the panels. I put mine on the back of the van since I already had the vent already installed and that way I had a large platform at front. I like it there since I try to park on places that cast shade on the windshield. I can park under a tree or close to a building keeping the larger glass in the shade and the panels still get full sun.

CaptainBuilt

One though about the location of the panels. I put mine on the back of the van since I already had the vent already installed and that way I had a large platform at front. I like it there since I try to park on places that cast shade on the windshield. I can park under a tree or close to a building keeping the larger glass in the shade and the panels still get full sun.

I will end up with half in the front and the other half on the rear with the new design I'm going with.

I used to own a 2006 F-150 and it used to kinda have a hesitation on acceleration. I changed the plugs and coils and it went away. I'm having the same issue on this engine.

I'm still not done changing them all, but this is a good sign I'm going in the right direction to solve the issue.

These spark plugs are jacked up bad.
fNaVCgFl.jpg

Coil:
EFTvCVrl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

FINALLY finished the roof rack. I'll post a video about it soon. Here are a few pics.

I added a WeBoost cell booster and Wi-Fi antenna. Next up is the RV door and close off the back wall!

oS9UOIGl.jpg

vW0gMiNl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

Roof rack revisions are finally done! I had to add a faring / air dam. It was crazy loud. To do that, I cut the rack 10.5" back and put a piece of flashing as a faring. It's super thin, but looks like it will work pretty good.

When I do the roof rack over the cab, I will use 1/8" aluminum.

Pics and video:

jA3YENSl.jpg

Xug9gCil.jpg

rARP8eal.jpg

Also, I have a RV door ready to go in. I'm not installing it until I finish dealing with the old van. Yes, it's still around....

6gZJUJYl.jpg

CaptainBuilt

I finished the step for the RV door. The underside of the plywood has been coated with epoxy, so now its waterproof!

Of course, all of this will be covered with flooring.

zV3ETOth.jpg

Wow, what's next?

Finish the back wall.

My Photoshop skills are legit! LOL.....

My plans. Put the mini split condenser on the upper right, tire on the left and a 5ft underbody truck box on the bottom. That way I can just open the truck box, and have a place to grill, etc.... And the step in the rear will be replaced with a trailer hitch.

YFuYMvNh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles