Bronco Mothership

85_Ranger4x4

Not really much of a overland build but my wife did just receive her new 2022 Bronco. We do longerish distance road trips to offroad parks and wheel with friends. Due to our location in the midwest there isn't much in the way of traditional "overlanding". Also we live in the country so it is a rural daily daily driver... hopefully it doesn't get high centered in the snow as much as her Edge likes to.

Fairly basic build:
Black Diamond
Cactus gray
2.3 Ecoboost
10spd
Advanced 4wd
Mid interior trim level
Painted alloy wheels

11/18/20 Reserved
1/30/21 Ordered a 2021
10/23/21 Ordered a 2022
11/18/21 Scheduled for production (week of 1/17/22)
Bumped back a week to the week of 1/24/22 (projected blend date when the body gets put on the frame of 1/28/22)
Actually built 2/1/22
Received "baby picture" on 2/14/22

I drive past the local Ford dealer we ordered it from every day on my way to work so I watch for it. Per our dealer it was in St Louis so it was a huge surprise when I saw it out front as I went by at 730am. I slam on the brakes and whip it in to get a picture.

So they worked on the paperwork throughout the day and we picked up tonight. She is just a little bit stoked.

Plans, nothing huge

I have a GMRS radio to put in it.
I have a receiver hitch for it
She wanted rock lights... so I got her those
I have a set of Ford splash guards coming I ordered last week that will need modified to fit with the rock rails
And ditch lights too

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
Awesome!!! Apparently the bag of ransom cash was enough.

Seriously -if want to answer…. Any surprises paperwork wise?
Hear lots of stories here in New England, hard to know what reality is. I guess dealers here are trying to strong arm customers into selling their spots and/or the vehicle when it shows up.

I’m a Ram truck guy, but we started looking last year for another SUV for my wife. I started dragging my feet when the Broncos started showing up. She’s in a Hyundai Tucson now, and we both kind of hate it. The SUV she misses the most was her Pathfinder. But it was a 97, back when they were bigger and box like. Most of the new stuff is tiny, low to the ground, and has lousy views out the back and sides. The Bronco checks those boxes. I hate to admit it, but even the Sport would work, but I’m a bigger is better guy :). My wife will probably not like the bigger one, but if it’s a gift she can’t return it right?

Kudos on the cool rig for a presumably cool wife!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jbaucom

That looks great! I really like the Black Diamond trim; I think it's a good value within the Bronco lineup.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Awesome!!! Apparently the bag of ransom cash was enough.

Seriously -if want to answer…. Any surprises paperwork wise?
Hear lots of stories here in New England, hard to know what reality is. I guess dealers here are trying to strong arm customers into selling their spots and/or the vehicle when it shows up.

I’m a Ram truck guy, but we started looking last year for another SUV for my wife. I started dragging my feet when the Broncos started showing up. She’s in a Hyundai Tucson now, and we both kind of hate it. The SUV she misses the most was her Pathfinder. But it was a 97, back when they were bigger and box like. Most of the new stuff is tiny, low to the ground, and has lousy views out the back and sides. The Bronco checks those boxes. I hate to admit it, but even the Sport would work, but I’m a bigger is better guy :). My wife will probably not like the bigger one, but if it’s a gift she can’t return it right?

Kudos on the cool rig for a presumably cool wife!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do the new Broncos have the stall/start nonsense?

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Pretty amazing that one manufacturer comes up with the that stupid "Stop/Start" feature and all the other idiot manufacturer's adopt it. Ya I know it's to "meat" gas mileage requirement HOWEVER it's an awful feeling sitting at a light with a none running vehicle and not to mention how hard all the heat, turning off and on is on the starter.

My wife's new Genesis G80 sedan has it. Can't turn it OFF fast enough if I'm going to drive her new Genesis!

I wonder how long the starter ring on the flex plate will last????

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
Not really much of a overland build but my wife did just receive her new 2022 Bronco. We do longerish distance road trips to offroad parks and wheel with friends. Due to our location in the midwest there isn't much in the way of traditional "overlanding". Also we live in the country so it is a rural daily daily driver... hopefully it doesn't get high centered in the snow as much as her Edge likes to.

Fairly basic build:
Black Diamond
Cactus gray
2.3 Ecoboost
10spd
Advanced 4wd
Mid interior trim level
Painted alloy wheels

11/18/20 Reserved
1/30/21 Ordered a 2021
10/23/21 Ordered a 2022
11/18/21 Scheduled for production (week of 1/17/22)
Bumped back a week to the week of 1/24/22 (projected blend date when the body gets put on the frame of 1/28/22)
Actually built 2/1/22
Received "baby picture" on 2/14/22

I drive past the local Ford dealer we ordered it from every day on my way to work so I watch for it. Per our dealer it was in St Louis so it was a huge surprise when I saw it out front as I went by at 730am. I slam on the brakes and whip it in to get a picture.

So they worked on the paperwork throughout the day and we picked up tonight. She is just a little bit stoked.

Plans, nothing huge

I have a GMRS radio to put in it.
I have a receiver hitch for it
She wanted rock lights... so I got her those
I have a set of Ford splash guards coming I ordered last week that will need modified to fit with the rock rails
And ditch lights too
looks great. Hardtop looks much better than the softops that most came with. awesome color too.

Jupiter58

HOWEVER it's an awful feeling sitting at a light with a none running vehicle and not to mention how hard all the heat, turning off and on is on the starter
I wonder how long the starter ring on the flex plate will last????

Ford doesn’t use the starter, at least not for some of their newer eb’s. My 3.5 has the computer figure out which piston is in the best position and fires that to start the motor.
Does not bother me one bit. The engine is running before I can get my foot off the brake so there is less hesitation than you get with cylinder deactivation which a lot of manufacturers do.
Also it does not turn off if the battery is being charged, ac or heat is actively running.
I have no experience with other brands but mine is pretty seamless.

85_Ranger4x4

It sure sounds like the starter on ours.

It is fairly disconcerting to be waiting to jump off our gravel road and onto the highway in a vehicle that isn't running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior