Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
^^ what kinda wheels are those? they look OEM but I've never seen them on Tacomas in Canada.

Got the supercharger on!

gXdwo4c.jpg

Nice! How do you like it?

dstefan

How are you finding the seating position vs the Sierra?

This may be the one aspect I am having a little trouble with, and it's a huge one to have trouble with. The seat itself is very comfortable, at least as comfy as the Sierra, and while I am not a tall guy at 5'8", my knees and back are worse than they were 10 years ago. I liked all the auto adjustments on the Sierra seat where I could move around on a long drive, especially the ability to get it up tall so I could keep my legs at a greater angle if I needed. Seat is just a bit low to the floor, lower than the JK, which has height adjustments...hell, maybe this one does too, and I haven't seen it. I have not spent a lot of time with it beyond driving it.
I think I am going to try a cushion.

This ——> https://desertdoesit.com/products/2...mtiSsxKgdKSNfD57YzZNVkzdn8wTzZQUaAtDBEALw_wcB

He also makes spacers to lift the rear, but those are easy to make DIY. I tried both in my 09 Tacoma, and settled on just the rear lift. It helped, but ultimately and reluctantly went to a Tundra and am glad I did. The seating position was about 70% of the reason to change, but Im also 6’3”. . .

pith helmet

This ——> https://desertdoesit.com/products/2...mtiSsxKgdKSNfD57YzZNVkzdn8wTzZQUaAtDBEALw_wcB

He also makes spacers to lift the rear, but those are easy to make DIY. I tried both in my 09 Tacoma, and settled on just the rear lift. It helped, but ultimately and reluctantly went to a Tundra and am glad I did. The seating position was about 70% of the reason to change, but Im also 6’3”. . .
Thanks. the cushion was not the answer. I am getting used to it. I may lift the front but not likely to do the back.

dstefan

Thanks. the cushion was not the answer. I am getting used to it. I may lift the front but not likely to do the back.

Yeah, cushions and inserts didn't work for me either. They have helped me in my wifes ‘18 runner when the lifts didnt. IMO the 4runner seats are worse than my Tacomas. Toyota seems incapable of learning some things …

FWIW The Seatjackers are really well made. It would be difficult to impossible to raise just the front otherwise due to the angled mount there. And for any 4runner drivers reading, they also fit them.

Downytide

Nice! How do you like it?

In short, this is what a TRD Pro should've come stock with the price premium, everything just ties together, it's more relaxed to drive since accelerating is super smooth, I'm actually getting same mpg (and slightly better at times) as before, I also have 5.29s and headers, so it has surprised quite few vehicles when taking off in a hurry.

FleshEater

2008 4Runner SR5. Purchased last year for trips out west. Simple so far; Icon Stage 1 suspension with Camburg UCA’s, stock 2020 4Runner wheels. It does what we need.

Going up a tire size this year, have a bumper on order, Warn winch, and going to set up OBA and get some organization in the rear cargo space. Also have air bags on order for the rear when carrying a full load, but seriously debating on whether or not to install them.

B144BD44-A811-4F04-8287-CA10A71F4109.jpeg
C0DB6C4E-13A8-4832-B5FA-3D0B7D79C50B.jpeg9CFD0197-8E83-488A-AAD3-189F57B15F25.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles