Frontier Wedge Camper. Yucca Pac

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Although I have switched from my Frontier to an Xterra, back when I had it I was looking at the then growing wedge camper market. I am not sure how many have been adapted to work on the 5' Frontier bed. As well many of them were very heavy. Recently I came across a lightweight, 450lbs, camper from Yucca Pac. And it looks like they were designed on a Frontier.
8aafe9_d75c759b711946d8ab227ab9da20afe3~mv2.jpg

Could be a good option?
Yucca Pac website

sideburns

Idaho 2019 Nissan Frontier CC LWB
Nice to see another company supporting Frontiers. Not sure how they figure they're the lightest 4 season canopy camper. 390-450# is pretty heavy for a canopy camper, Ovrlnd, Vagabond, and GFC all come in between 250-350# for a mid sized. Even the hard side Hiatus is 460-480# on a midsized truck. That Yucca Pac might be the heaviest tent model in production after the 460# Alucab.

kootenay

Nice to see another company supporting Frontiers. Not sure how they figure they're the lightest 4 season canopy camper. 390-450# is pretty heavy for a canopy camper, Ovrlnd, Vagabond, and GFC all come in between 250-350# for a mid sized. Even the hard side Hiatus is 460-480# on a midsized truck. That Yucca Pac might be the heaviest tent model in production after the 460# Alucab.
Interesting about the weight. Doing a little more digging I found that they (Yucca Pac) have a dry weight of 370 pounds on the website. Back when I was going to order a Drifter I was told by Vagabond the weight was 450-500 pounds. Sounds like they have shed some serious weight since going into production that is a good thing.

Yucca Pac may claim lightest 4 season because they are insulated walls? Not really sure.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Does the tent separate from the bed canopy/topper portion? It shows 2 parts on their website but does not say of that is a feature or not.

I would love that, being able to store tent when not in use + still have a truck bed canopy/topper

sideburns

Idaho 2019 Nissan Frontier CC LWB
Interesting about the weight. Doing a little more digging I found that they (Yucca Pac) have a dry weight of 370 pounds on the website. Back when I was going to order a Drifter I was told by Vagabond the weight was 450-500 pounds. Sounds like they have shed some serious weight since going into production that is a good thing.

Yucca Pac may claim lightest 4 season because they are insulated walls? Not really sure.
Vagabond says 315# for a 5ft base model now. I'm sure they can hit 450+lbs with windows, racks, and such on a 6ft bed. I know Ovrlnds can be 275# for a 6ft bed, Mine's around 300#'s, but I got full barn doors to delete my tailgate, so it only added about 270#'s before building it up with solar, electrical, lighting, insulation, propane, etc... Probably close to 400# now.

Could be they don't think the others are four season without insulation, wonder if they include that in their weight since its optional.

kootenay

Does the tent separate from the bed canopy/topper portion? It shows 2 parts on their website but does not say of that is a feature or not.

I would love that, being able to store tent when not in use + still have a truck bed canopy/topper
Same that was something I really wanted back when I was looking at truck campers. Now with the Xterra I just sleep inside, it is very comfy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles