Winnebago EKKO

skirunman

they are amazing! But at the 130k pricepoint the ekko is, its not a real comparison in like for like.

That is a fair statement. The current list price of the Ekko is $172k, but I see them advertised from $150k-$175k. I am sure you can get a better deal from a dealer though. The tire/lift upgrades are probably another $5k with labor? The AEONrv will be a bit more expensive, but it is still within 20% or so of cost of the Ekko.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
That is a fair statement. The current list price of the Ekko is $172k, but I see them advertised from $150k-$175k. I am sure you can get a better deal from a dealer though. The tire/lift upgrades are probably another $5k with labor? The AEONrv will be a bit more expensive, but it is still within 20% or so of cost of the Ekko.
we have one on order for 130k, and this one was 142 OTD

Thats not really within 20%. IMO.

gregmchugh

Observer

Jonnyo

Observer
Seems inappropriate to spam a thread about one rig with an advertisement for your offering. At least that is my opinion…

i feel the same way.... this is a thread about the Ekko and find the posting of the owner of another brand to self promote poor taste. There is already a thread about the Aeon.

There are two different product.... one is a refine and high production 130-140k flashy looking unit and the other a start up new design/experiment machine for 195k. Pick what you like but lets make seperate thread talking about each unit.

great work freedomvango..... this is amazing looking! great comfort house for light offroading

1640389093625.jpeg

rruff

Explorer
No... a comparable case would be if someone suggested a commercial offroad modded Tacoma. The AEONrv base vehicle is still a Transit AWD. Just a different camper, and one that is more offroad capable (and more expensive), making it appropriate for ExPo.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
No... a comparable case would be if someone suggested a commercial offroad modded Tacoma. The AEONrv base vehicle is still a Transit AWD. Just a different camper, and one that is more offroad capable (and more expensive), making it appropriate for ExPo.
OK. So then if you'd like to look at it that way.

Someone comparing a GFC to a FWC. Same same.

No one said it wasn't a comparison. but it's not a real one unless you are someone who has 50-60k to just swing around, which if you did, you'd buy the AEON and not even look at an ekko

I like both. But I'm smart enough to realize the difference in them, and they are two different classes of vehicles.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
on a side note. Our ekko didn't come with a batwing because it was a rig we fell into. Our order is still...well on order.

Instead of the impossible to deal with company of alucab, we went with the 23zero Perigrine awning. We modified the original winnabego mounting brackets I ordered from them directly to mount I the same fashion. I measured against another ekko for placement of the brackets. pretty quick install.

winnabego Ekko by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

BillFitz

It’s always interesting seeing regional differences in vehicle prep. Out here in the western US, an awning that large would catch the wind and toss your truck into the next county. We have a large awning but have to use it sparingly. We never ever leave it deployed and unattended. But I’d imagine in Florida that awning would be a necessity. Nice install BTW.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
You are brave with that dark vinyl wrap! This will increase the surface temperature by a great margin and blisters ( delamination) is pretty much a given.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke