Kimberley Kampers USA

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I kind of did that. The Karavan Kuriser EcoSuite is $117,250 AU on the KK AU site. It is $116,000 US on the Utah dealers website. I believe they are speced out similar other then a few differences in parts that need an US version. I realize companies need to make profit but 116,000 US dollars is 157,760 AU dall

I kind of did that. The Karavan Kuriser EcoSuite is $117,250 AU on the KK AU site. It is $116,000 US on the Utah dealers website. I believe they are speced out similar other then a few differences in parts that need an US version. I realize companies need to make profit but 116,000 US dollars is 157,760 AU dall

Apparently (according to the KK US importer) there is a difference between the AU and US pricing, which takes into account improved systems for the US market as well as dealer margin.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Well that is an honest answer and you are very impressive in managing this string. Kudos sir. Bottom line in my lame opinion for this specific Kimberly model one is paying at least 25k for shipping, us modification and two dealer markups. It does appear from my un scientific research like they have survived new ownership and produce a very unique camper that is obviously worth the added cost for some folks.

Well that is an honest answer and you are very impressive in managing this string. Kudos sir. Bottom line in my lame opinion for this specific Kimberly model one is paying at least 25k for shipping, us modification and two dealer markups. It does appear from my un scientific research like they have survived new ownership and produce a very unique camper that is obviously worth the added cost for some folks.

Thanks for the kudos...just a happy customer sharing information. I looked at everything available in the US before deciding to purchase a Kimberley.

I respect your perspective on pricing, but at the end of the day, a product either provides value to someone at its given price, or it doesn't. The amount of (perceived) profit should be irrelevant.

wtraptor

Fortunately roll on roll off freight prices haven't increased much. Most of the shipping price increases have been due to shipping container shortage. Seems like prices for everything, imported or not is skyrocketing.

First time use of the bedouin attachment for the Fiamma awning. It provides a nice amount of shade and is very easy to install (less than 10 minutes). The top section slides into a groove in the Fiamma, then 4 stakes. A step-stool is mandatory... :LOL:

IMG_1321.JPG

cmo5

We finally picked up our new Karavan from Dave at KK USA early last month. We had ordered the trailer in late December 2020, and had hoped to have the trailer by summertime, but with the world of COVID and international shipping we unfortunately missed the summer season. But, the trailer is everything we expected it to be and it was more than worth the wait!

Dave is fantastic, and it was a great delivery experience. There were a couple of small issues with the trailer from minor damage in shipping, but we identified and easily fixed them during our initial night in Dave's shop and the trailer performed flawlessly on our trip home from OH to CT. We spent one night at a KOA in PA along I-80, then the second night off grid in the woods of Vermont. On both nights the AM temps were in the low 20's (23 was low the second night iirc), but we were nice and toasty inside with the diesel air heater and nothing froze with the tank heaters on.

The trailer tows great behind our Raptor, with no sway at all and it was very well behaved at highway speeds.

Given the late time of year, unfortunately we've already had to put the trailer to bed for the winter after only two nights of use. We're very much looking forward to spring to really put the trailer to use!

If anyone in the CT area is in the market for a Kimberley and would like to see the rig in person message me and I'd be happy to find a time to meet up and show the trailer.

FB_IMG_1637956882954.jpgTrailer.jpgKimberley VT.jpgFB_IMG_1637956891051.jpg

Last edited:

FordGuy1

Adventurer
We just ordered a S3 from David. It took some time to mentally absorb the cost, but we could just not find anything else that my wife and I would be happy with. We have been looking for over a year, and the Kimberly checked every one of the boxes, so we dove in head first. Dave really makes you feel comfortable with the purchase. The only bummer for us is we will have to drive to Ohio.

WFOORBUST

What is the weight of the T-3, packed and ready to tow? Dave has been very helpful as well as Andy back in AU, ours is a 2014 Karavan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier