Why buy a land cruiser?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Hey I’m a Toyota fan, I have a Toyota hat on the dash of my ford truck.?

Oh I like 'em too. A '22 Tundra is on my list of vehicles that could replace my current truck. Which I guess is North Americas new Land Cruiser according to the Expedition Portal...

Last edited:

Ozark_Prowler

Oh I like 'em too. A '22 Tundra is on my list of vehicles that could replace my current truck. Which I guess is North Americas new Land Cruiser according to the Expedition Portal...

With a 165” wheelbase it’ll probably need 40” tires to clear any sort of serious off road obstacle. There goes the fuel economy.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The specs say 145-165”, and I assume most will opt for the double cab.

And I though an extra cab Taco was long at 122”!

Oh well, seems like everyone wants a bloated school bus nowadays.
165" is for a double cab (extended cab) with the 8'1" box. Not the ideal choice for any off road obstacles.

Most people will opt for the CrewMax with the 5'6" box which has a 146" wheelbase.

Anyway... back to Land Cruisers...

Anyone looking to get a 300 series LX when they come out in North America?

Ozark_Prowler

165" is for a double cab (extended cab) with the 8'1" box. Not the ideal choice for any off road obstacles.

Most people will opt for the CrewMax with the 5'6" box which has a 146" wheelbase.

Anyway... back to Land Cruisers...

Anyone looking to get a 300 series LX when they come out in North America?
Fair enough. I’m not saying the new Tundra is a bad vehicle, Im just not sure I’d call it the North American 300 series, which AFAIK is retaining the “golden ratio” 112” wheelbase, which it’s had since the 80 series.

billiebob

I genuinely think there would’ve been a big market for the more utilitarian models
Chicken Tax, the tariff on the non passenger versions prices them out of the market. The first Ford Transit vans imported from Italy came in with rear seats classed as passenger vehicles. The seats were shredded as soon as they cleared customs. This is why the Subaru Brat came with seats in the bed too.

14622163-1983-subaru-brat-std.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles