Snow Peak Addiction

natematos

I may have also ordered the gas grill today since i don't currently own a grill of any kind other than my takibi :D

The double burner!? I am trying my hardest not to order on the rumor that the US is getting the newer version soon. But knowing Snow Peak, soon may as well be 2028.

As for the fire ring, I love ours. You never realize how much you actually miss having a real table at a campfire. I've taken it camping, but also thoroughly enjoy it at home. At 20% off it's a good buy. Though the carry case that comes with it is really low quality, which is a surprise to me considering how good the case that comes with the fire pit itself is.

TooGouda

The double burner!? I am trying my hardest not to order on the rumor that the US is getting the newer version soon. But knowing Snow Peak, soon may as well be 2028.

As for the fire ring, I love ours. You never realize how much you actually miss having a real table at a campfire. I've taken it camping, but also thoroughly enjoy it at home. At 20% off it's a good buy. Though the carry case that comes with it is really low quality, which is a surprise to me considering how good the case that comes with the fire pit itself is.
i ordered the single version like this
Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 6.52.02 PM.png

is there a double burner gas grill? i thought they only had the 2U BBQ charcoal box in that size?

alexcivick

Observer
REI has a 20% off right now that applies to Snow Peak items as well. Their selection isn't as diverse as some other retail partners but they have a few bigger ticket items that you can snag at 20% off if you are in the market

I may have also ordered the gas grill today since i don't currently own a grill of any kind other than my takibi :D

how do people like the jikaro fire ring table? worth it?
I like the look of it and in my head it seems like it would be quite nice in the back yard but not sure i would want to pack it anywhere unless the fire pit is the main point of our cooking plans

664aafd68252b8ba1f75806cc2dc7428.jpg

I just spent 4 days in the west Texas desert with my IGT and my pack and carry fireplace with Floga (which worked awesome btw) and I could say I found myself wanting the fire ring table to go around it. Most of the campfire time was spent smoking cigars and enjoying a cocktail and I pulled the table from the IGT next to us to use as a bar top. Would have been much nicer attaching it to the fire ring table. That 20% off makes for a great deal……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vincenzo

When I was at Overland Expo West, one of the Snow Peak employees at the booth told me that there was going to be a new version Jikaro table in 6 months or so.

Haven't heard that anywhere else, so take it as the rumor that it is.

Vincenzo

Narrator - he did in fact... get one of each size

didn't want to afford this right now but ya gotta get while the gettin is good with this kind of thing ?‍♂️
all black everything coffee table plan is gonna come to life!

If it was the tall version, I would have picked up a set. I personally don't have a use for the low.

TooGouda

If it was the tall version, I would have picked up a set. I personally don't have a use for the low.
you say that now :ROFLMAO:
i only had standing legs and sitting legs at first too... then i realized how awesome it was to have a coffee table height set up to cook on while siting in my camp chair

also its black, i can put my standing legs on it and then i have a standing leg black frame ?‍♂️

Vincenzo

you say that now :ROFLMAO:
i only had standing legs and sitting legs at first too... then i realized how awesome it was to have a coffee table height set up to cook on while siting in my camp chair

also its black, i can put my standing legs on it and then i have a standing leg black frame ?‍♂️

Understandable, it's just too much for me to pay a $50 (25%) premium for the black color on a height that I don't want.

TooGouda

Understandable, it's just too much for me to pay a $50 (25%) premium for the black color on a height that I don't want.
its all about perspective, i looked into getting one shipped over from Japan... ~ $450.00... so really im getting a discount! :ROFLMAO:

WestWorld

how do people like the jikaro fire ring table? worth it?
I like the look of it and in my head it seems like it would be quite nice in the back yard but not sure i would want to pack it anywhere unless the fire pit is the main point of our cooking plans

Definitely worth it in my opinion. I do a lot of backyard setups. Having a table around the fireplace is very handy. I probably wouldn’t take it car camping, it does take some space packed. The legs stack together and table parts fit in between the legs. It comes with a bag, which is fine for toting from the shed to the yard, but you may want the Jikaro carrying case of you are going to transport it. My apologies for the non-Snow Peak chairs in the second picture ?

4B8866EA-AB58-49A0-94B0-B2E55667D507.jpegC834158F-9BC1-4930-815E-64FAE3387AA8.jpeg

TooGouda

FullSizeRender.jpg

all black frames arrived! im not sure what the coating on the aluminum extrusion is but its more of a matte black while the side caps are more of a satin semi gloss texture.
i assume they would be the same coating but i guess not.

i would recommend that anyone interested in an all black frame get it for home use only like i did. i can see this thing getting scratched up big time if i took it camping

natematos

I'd agree with the above. I saw them in store today and they're stunning with full bamboo. Would also love to see a handmade walnut insert or other complimentary hardwood.

sp-black-igt.jpeg

Vincenzo

That knife is outstanding. That is super cool.

I honestly think its a shame that Snow Peak went away from the hardgoods as much as they have. I remember drooling over lots of their stuff when I was young and couldn't afford it.

EPICBYTES

IMG_2471.jpgGrill burner is easily one of best field friendly way to cook. All of messis collected, no cookware to lug around. Really digging this unit with refillable 4.5gal propane tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94