'05 Tundra DC TurnKey Overlanding Rig - Vagabond Outdoors Reservation available

dstefan

One of the nicer interior builds Ive seen with a topper. Curious about the ingenious water tank mount you fabbed. Hows that long rail of 8020 (is it 15 series?) holding up to the water weight? And how‘s the whole frame secured in the bed. Bolt throughs? Great job with the whole rig!

migx333

One of the nicer interior builds Ive seen with a topper. Curious about the ingenious water tank mount you fabbed. Hows that long rail of 8020 (is it 15 series?) holding up to the water weight? And how‘s the whole frame secured in the bed. Bolt throughs? Great job with the whole rig!
Thank you!
It’s actually the 10 series. It’s holding up very well. I built it in a way where the tanks weight gets distributed along the whole 8020 length. Taken it off-road and it stayed completely put even when it’s filled all the way. I just held it put with a ratcheting strap

as for the bed build out, I did bolt it straight through the floor. Took many nights of planning! Glad to answer any other questions

dstefan

Smart move to keep it at this point. Perfectly built out for a Nomad shell already. Plus, I can tell you after giving up a fully built out Tacoma (finally just too small for our needs) and starting over with a new truck and Ovrlnd camper the supply chain issues and insane wait times along with the cost inflation are just killer right now, and probably, sadly, for quite awhile. Looked for a year and a half for the right used rig and just didnt find anything that met my specs. Bird in the hand is the way to go these days,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles