Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

83-CJ8

Make sure you're on level ground with a bunch of space around (learned that pretty quickly, see photo.) The hardware is very well labeled in separate baggies, so you will not have any issues with that. If you are assembling it yourself, you will need a couple jacks and bunch of jackstands. Having another person help is handy but not required. Powertools/impact is ver
Make sure you're on level ground with a bunch of space around (learned that pretty quickly, see photo.) The hardware is very well labeled in separate baggies, so you will not have any issues with that. If you are assembling it yourself, you will need a couple jacks and bunch of jackstands. Having another person help is handy but not required. Powertools/impact is very handy to have, especially with taking it out of the metal crate it came in. It's easy, just take your time.

View attachment 687162
I would like to know how you guys were able to get it delivered to a residential address? I was told commercial address with forklift or loading dock. then when I ordered it from 4wd parts was told loading dock only.

mmrocek

Observer
I would like to know how you guys were able to get it delivered to a residential address? I was told commercial address with forklift or loading dock. then when I ordered it from 4wd parts was told loading dock only.

I ordered mine from Northridge4x4 in January of 2018 and selected Truck Freight. They delivered it with a semi (I posted photos earlier) that backed into my cul-de-sac and the trailer had a lift gate. There was no issue unloading it but I had to leave it on the street next to my house overnight as I did not have a way to get it over the curb and onto my driveway. I say rent a trailer or a uhaul with a lift gate and pick it up from 4WD parts.

Hi 83-Cj8, I bought mine from Vivid Racing and since their smittybilt warehouse is in Compton CA, I told them that I was going to pick up my self. I only waited about 3 weeks to get it. The best part was that they did delivered from the warehouse to my place and I did not pay any shipping for the local delivery. "Yay". I just put it together this past Saturday.

Ivan Lozano

I have a trailer I purchase on December 2019, I took it to the beach once I hd family emergency, the trailer is heavily modified.
Removed tire carrier on the front of the trailer and build a customer bumper on the back with smittybilt swing arm.
place a 20 gallon water tank at the front inside of aluminum box.\
water tank at the under the trailer on the back 10 gallons
inside of the kitchen compartment faucet to was dishes.
MGM battery 110v.
Carter controler.
50 watt solar panel at the front of the trailer.
tankless water heater.
2 trailer tool tool boxes on the side of the trailer.
4 rock lights under the trailer.
2 LED spot lights with 4 lights on the side of the trailer
6" spot light at the back of the trailer.
and much more.
it's for sale $12,000 and OBO
no low ballers.
brand new all the work is done just enjoy

Got my bumper and swing out tire carrier arm built this week along with my roof rack that will cover the entire top of the trailer 64" long by 46" wide by Robert at Dirtworx Off-road Fabrication. A special Thank to
Catalanbull one of the member on this tread.

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpg
    IMG_2221.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2222.jpg
    IMG_2222.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 82

thardin68

Got my bumper and swing out tire carrier arm built this week along with my roof rack that will cover the entire top of the trailer 64" long by 46" wide by Robert at Dirtworx Off-road Fabrication. A special Thank to
Catalanbull one of the member on this tread.
Wow, that is a stout looking rack! Dig the bumper.

Catalanbull

Thanks The Wolf, but the thank you goes to Garrett77 who found Dirtworx and Rob, and came up with the idea! Rob will install my bumper this Saturday, here're the pics. The tire carrier will also carry a gas can holder.

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2225.jpeg
    IMG_2225.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2228.jpeg
    IMG_2228.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Thanks The Wolf, but the thank you goes to Garrett77 who found Dirtworx and Rob, and came up with the idea! Rob will install my bumper this Saturday, here're the pics. The tire carrier will also carry a gas can holder.
Hi Catalnbull, I will come to your place this coming Saturday hope that is O.K. with you, Robert is bringing my bumper and roof rack this Saturday also and a million Thanks to Garrett77 for finding Robert for us. Robert is awesome!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles