Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

I mounted the Smittybilt Defender rack on mine. It’s a perfect fit! Also, update for those interested in the Dirtworks rear bumper and rear carrier, he’ll take measurements of my trailer in 2-3 weeks and then he’ll start building them.
Hi Thank You for your reply, I did notice the rack before but I think I like it a lot because you have all of the real estate on the top. Its like $434.99. The only thing is that I wanted to put those shocks so I can lower the tent went I get to the camp but I do not know how much I could lower the tent if I have the ARB 8.2X8.2 Awing. I already hat the fender big boxes from Harbor Freight and the a roof rack that Mr. Ebraback recomended. Alos bout the 11bls propane and the actual holder for it, the Power Tank BKT-2286.2-SS Propane Tank Bracket 11 Lb.

I mounted the Smittybilt Defender rack on mine. It’s a perfect fit! Also, update for those interested in the Dirtworks rear bumper and rear carrier, he’ll take measurements of my trailer in 2-3 weeks and then he’ll start building them.
Do you a picture of how the bumper and carrier looks like, I'm very interested on buying one but need to see how it looks. Do you have pictures and lastly how much do you think it will be $$$$, Thank You for your reply's.

I've read through all the pages and took alot of info to apply to my new to me scout trailer. This forum is awesome.. I've add OVS 4 person tent and their huge 270 awning. I had to make a Bracket off the front to hold there length.

Added ARK jack front and rear. Front barely lifts the trailer enough but it works with this size tire.

Added a rear bumper with basket based on another user's suggestion. The company dirtworks is 5 minutes from my house and I liked the simple design for adapting it to out trailers. I mounted it using the receiver and d ring mounts. The ark Jack's in the rear swing to different levels and can be tucked underneath or to the side of the box. The side mount blocks the tag but allows for more clearance if needed off road.
Hi, I live in Corna, CA, who did the bumper and swing arm for you? How much did it cost for all with the jacks? Thank You so much.

Catalanbull

Do you a picture of how the bumper and carrier looks like, I'm very interested on buying one but need to see how it looks. Do you have pictures and lastly how much do you think it will be $$$$, Thank You for your reply's.
The fabricator is the same one that did Garrett77's (Dirtworx). They're making a first prototype with my trailer, they'll then sell them to order. I don't know how much he'll charge. I should have it installed in a couple of weeks I think. It will look very similar to Garrett77's, but it will require drilling and it will also have a jerry can holder on the driver's side. I'll post pictures once I have it and will give the details. The Wolf1, I'm also in Corona, once I have it mounted you can check it out.

The fabricator is the same one that did Garrett77's (Dirtworx). They're making a first prototype with my trailer, they'll then sell them to order. I don't know how much he'll charge. I should have it installed in a couple of weeks I think. It will look very similar to Garrett77's, but it will require drilling and it will also have a jerry can holder on the driver's side. I'll post pictures once I have it and will give the details. The Wolf1, I'm also in Corona, once I have it mounted you can check it out.
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Yes please keep me updated on the process and once you have it post the pictures I would like to come and check it out in person once its done. This is important to me as I will use the space of where the spare tire goes. I will see if they can build me a metal box of where the spare tire suppose to be and with doors on the sides, it would make the trailer look much bigger and that space can be lockable and very useful.

McDowra

Observer
Hi Guys,

Help me with this decision, what is a good tent to go with? I like the price on the smittybilt XL gen 2 but I also would like one that is completyl black out on the inside. I have seem one but cannot remember my max would be $2,400 or under that is already a lot in my opinion.
23zero Artemis overland just got a bunch in

Hi Guys, I got my scout yesterday, I waited about 3 weeks in total from purchase to delivery. I will assemble it this coming Saturday. Any pointers? I know that I will buy the M16 washers I think I only need 4 in total according to Ebrabaek. I will get my bumber from Dirtworz soon and I will also have him do a custom basket to sit on top of the trailer under the tent goes. 48X62 Basket. Anybody have an Idea on the cost of the bumpers from him? I just want to have an Idea of the cost. Thank you guys and please keep checking in to this tread I know you guys have been on it for years but we new guys appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20211011_170429.jpg
    20211011_170429.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
You can call Robert at Dirtworx and he'll tell you the price: (909)-815-2905
Hi Catalanbull, I talked to him and he stated he will come on the 22nd of the month and will have your bumper so I will come and check yours out hopefully when he is here because I'm to have him make me a custom roof rack. 48"wide X 72" long X 5" tall like this one on this picture but want it to cover all of the top of the trailer.

This is the rack he sells for $219.00 I told him that I wanted it a roof rack like the ones he already makes but bigger 48x72x5 and he said he could build it for $350.00 to cover the entire top of the enclose trailer. I think this is a good price. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

Attachments

• Tire rack.jpg
    Tire rack.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 46

mmrocek

Observer
Hi Guys, I got my scout yesterday, I waited about 3 weeks in total from purchase to delivery. I will assemble it this coming Saturday. Any pointers? I know that I will buy the M16 washers I think I only need 4 in total according to Ebrabaek. I will get my bumber from Dirtworz soon and I will also have him do a custom basket to sit on top of the trailer under the tent goes. 48X62 Basket. Anybody have an Idea on the cost of the bumpers from him? I just want to have an Idea of the cost. Thank you guys and please keep checking in to this tread I know you guys have been on it for years but we new guys appreciate it.

Make sure you're on level ground with a bunch of space around (learned that pretty quickly, see photo.) The hardware is very well labeled in separate baggies, so you will not have any issues with that. If you are assembling it yourself, you will need a couple jacks and bunch of jackstands. Having another person help is handy but not required. Powertools/impact is very handy to have, especially with taking it out of the metal crate it came in. It's easy, just take your time.

IMG_1897.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94