Charging Jackery w/ ARB plug

I recently bought a factory blemished Jackery Explorer 1000 - thanks for the tip @jadmt

I already have a screw in charging port from ARB for a fridge. I think the ports are also common with Dometic and Engle. I don’t think I am going to be able to buy a cable to charge the Jackery using the ARB port but I am thinking of making my own. I’m thinking about using an ARB cable and adding Anderson plugs to use the solar input. Will I be putting too much power into that port?

Any thoughts or better suggestions?

514dbe54128795f8bb9b7d2ec452a761.jpg

0f7fcf376b787fa94945c3a214102eb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
What are the V/A specs for each input port?

Your charge cable should accommodate the highest one, up to the max amps at your desired length.

GenuineDealz. com can make up almost anything custom, top notch quality and reasonably priced.

Do not have anything to do with stock ciggie ports, and even the better Blue Sea version or Hella type (ISO 4165) aren't for high amps

best IMO is Anderson as a standard, so at both ends, then an adapter pigtail as required.

What are the V/A specs for each input port?

Your charge cable should accommodate the highest one, up to the max amps at your desired length.

GenuineDealz. com can make up almost anything custom, top notch quality and reasonably priced.

Do not have anything to do with stock ciggie ports, and even the better Blue Sea version or Hella type (ISO 4165) aren't for high amps

best IMO is Anderson as a standard, so at both ends, then an adapter pigtail as required.

Thanks for the tip on a pro to make the cable.

I couldn’t find the v/a for each port listed. I assume the dc ports are 12 v. the Anderson port can accommodate two 100 watt panels using their pigtail. I checked the supplied cables for using the cig port in a car and the solar and both are using 16 awg cables.

I just sent them a message using the number on their website asking if they had any blemishes units and asked how much. They were pretty responsive.

Willsfree

I just sent them a message using the number on their website asking if they had any blemishes units and asked how much. They were pretty responsive.
I texted the 800 number Friday morning, they sent me an email contact, sent request for model number pricing, they sent back pricing, I made selection, they invoiced, I paid, now shipped; got the solar panel yesterday, waiting for the Explorer 1000 to be delivered via Fedex...customer service communication has been quite good so far.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I am thinking of making my own. I’m thinking about using an ARB cable and adding Anderson plugs to use the solar input. Will I be putting too much power into that port?

Can't find in the manual, but on the website it says DC input is 12v-30V (163W Max) 163W divided by 12V is 13.5 amps am I doing the math for that correctly? I've been doing some reading about using third party solar panels with mine and going into the Anderson port. I would expect that you can take your fridge power with an Anderson dongle and be just fine. In fact I might do this in my rig because I have multiple Anderson ports for powering my Ham radio and my Fridge.

From the Jackery site under specifications
1635466469074.png

john61ct

Adventurer
I'd think that there is DC conversion going on there

so true current limiting would not have been expensive to implement at such low amp rates.

The OCP does not need to kick in until that limiting circuitry needs protecting.

This is a great example how their low-end consumer oriented design limits functionality.

There are times I want to fully recharge House in say 20min

even if my usual charging max might be 0.4C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles