2021 F150 vs F250

billiebob

It was silly, they shouldn’t have been banned imho but I’m also not a Moderator so there’s that.
agreed, he has had so much great input over the years.
and yes, jinch was deleted..... his likes on my posts now state,,,, deleted member

they should give us all a breathalyzer before allowing us to post
for me these forums are the corona virus version of having a corona at the stand up bar

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
agreed, he has had so much great input over the years.
and yes, jinch was deleted..... his likes on my posts now state,,,, deleted member

they should give us all a breathalyzer before allowing us to post
for me these forums are the corona virus version of having a corona at the stand up bar

He deleted himself. As he deleted his profile on tundra solutions as well.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
With all the brands and new engines. The biggest on going factor will be actual quality engine oil used and OCI consistently. Lots of garbage oils out there many with prior history of being good but switched out with junk today. That will be a huge factor across vehicle brands regardless.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Ah.
Yeah he stirred the pot over in the Toyota page which was kind of rude.
Toyota Landcruiser is a huge fanboy for Toyota tho, so I can totally see how that escalated.
Were the offensive comments delted or something? I didn't read any thing I thought was ban worthy?

Too bad it was closed. It was a good convo and a nice way to keep up on a new truck coming to market.

Sendit

That sucks. He had a lot of great info. I have a Tundra and an F150 with the crappy twin turbo 3.5L. We had good conversations about how bad my F150 sucks.
Why does your F150 suck? I’m considering buying one and looking for the good and bad about them.

Jupiter58

Yeah, the 3.5 eco certainly does not suck. Neither does the truck. Especially when comparing it to 2 generations behind technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

Why does your F150 suck? I’m considering buying one and looking for the good and bad about them.
I have one and love it. 2019 XLT with the 5.0 V8. Maybe his issue is with the 3.5 TT.
Long story short is lack of reliability and instant power.

I had a 2007 Tundra 5.7L and now have a 2018 3.5L TT.

The Tundra was great with its instant power and reliability. For the 12 years I owned it there was one recall and one part failure.

The F150 has been the exact opposite. There has been several recalls and some they call TSB's, FSA's, etc. I think the total of these are around eight so far. It has been in the shop too many times to count: freezing door locks, fire hazard on safety belts, braking system malfunction, door locks not working, Sync 3 not working, cam phaser rattle, complete loss of power when going from 3rd to 4th (have been close to being t-boned twice), cam phaser FSA (which hasn't worked), and a few things I can't remember right now. Thank god I have been working from home the past 1.5 years. With all that, luckily, it has not stranded me yet. Also, while the truck has plenty of power, I do not like to tow with it. It drinks the gas so fast I can't pass a gas station without stopping. If I lock the transmission to only use 7 gears then it is better but not great. Therefore I prefer to tow with the Tundra (son drives it now).

I bought the F150 because I didn't want to buy the same generation Tundra and the inside of the F150 cab is amazing . The fit, comfort, and technology are top notch.

jbaucom

I have one and love it. 2019 XLT with the 5.0 V8. Maybe his issue is with the 3.5 TT.

I don't think Ford's issues are engine specific. My 2019 5.0 has been in the shop 42 days this year. It's been in for more unscheduled repair visits in 33,000 mi than my previous 5 vehicles in a combined 250,000+ miles. Nothing catastrophic, except for that one rainy morning where the entire dash and everything controlled by it failed...no horn, no wipers, no headlights, no tach or speedometer, no radio, no ability to change climate control settings or defroster. It threw trouble codes for every major module; the dealer reset the modules and called it good. A couple months later it started throwing codes for running rich. At first it was intermittent, then steady. It turns out the truck wasn't sure what kind of fuel was in it - it thought the fuel ethanol content was 60%+ (I've never run e85). Once again, the solution was to reset a module. It just seems like Ford has some real QC issues in recent years. I still like the truck and think the F150 is a terrific platform for our use, because unlike so many manufacturers, Ford doesn't limit a lot of key hardware options to specific trim levels or packages, giving the user the opportunity to truly customize their truck for their usage. However, after this recent experience, I'm seriously considering whether or not to replace this truck, maybe with another F150, maybe with a current generation Tundra. All manufacturers build a problem child every now and then; some build more than others.

phsycle

Adventurer
Yikes. Yeah, that would drive me nuts as well. If I had the problems that ittog and jbaucom has/had, I’d probably not get another. Which is a bit irrational since the probability of getting a problem-free vehicle increases, but still, based on principle, I couldn’t send the company any more money.

Fortunately, there are lots of other options to choose from. I’d probably give Ram a shot.

Explorerinil

Observer
I don't think Ford's issues are engine specific. My 2019 5.0 has been in the shop 42 days this year. It's been in for more unscheduled repair visits in 33,000 mi than my previous 5 vehicles in a combined 250,000+ miles. Nothing catastrophic, except for that one rainy morning where the entire dash and everything controlled by it failed...no horn, no wipers, no headlights, no tach or speedometer, no radio, no ability to change climate control settings or defroster. It threw trouble codes for every major module; the dealer reset the modules and called it good. A couple months later it started throwing codes for running rich. At first it was intermittent, then steady. It turns out the truck wasn't sure what kind of fuel was in it - it thought the fuel ethanol content was 60%+ (I've never run e85). Once again, the solution was to reset a module. It just seems like Ford has some real QC issues in recent years. I still like the truck and think the F150 is a terrific platform for our use, because unlike so many manufacturers, Ford doesn't limit a lot of key hardware options to specific trim levels or packages, giving the user the opportunity to truly customize their truck for their usage. However, after this recent experience, I'm seriously considering whether or not to replace this truck, maybe with another F150, maybe with a current generation Tundra. All manufacturers build a problem child every now and then; some build more than others.
I have had a ton of problems with my 17 f150 police responder with the 5.0, its been a flat out terrible truck, engine, trans problems followed by tons of recalls. I have several friends with f150’s with the 3.5 and have had no issues other than allot of recalls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online