Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

dmulk

Nice! What process did you use to sell your top so fast and what'd you end up getting for it? Local sale? Just curious.

The moment has come finally! I joined the club officially!!! Got lucky with someone cancelling an identical build which allowed me with less then a 24 hour notice to sell my hard top and make it down to Chula Vista for an install.

Chris and team did an amazing job, the top looks great, my daughter already asked if we can hang out in the driveway at some point so that she can hang out in the UM and read a book (for a 7 year old she's well read. For example she devoured the first HP book in less then 3 days :eek: )

Got a first shakedown cruise planned for this weekend, though we are going to be sleeping in the trailer (already packed and prepped it). The following weekend we have another trip planned and for that one the Jeep will be our castle ;)

Anyways, here's the pics!

autarkus

Sold mine off of Craigslist in a hurry before I headed down, but that was in 2018. I had a couple of days and got a hit the day before I headed down. $1500, fairly new and still had the bags for the freedom panels.

Ursa was willing to sell the top on consignment for less, so that was my backup plan.

Outdoorsben

Observer
curious to hear any comparison someone has that has spent some time in both the UM and a GFC or FWC. Obviously the topper/camper would have things UM doesn’t, but from an ease of use and sleeping perspective I would love some opinions.

rustypayne

curious to hear any comparison someone has that has spent some time in both the UM and a GFC or FWC. Obviously the topper/camper would have things UM doesn’t, but from an ease of use and sleeping perspective I would love some opinions.

What is a GFC or FWC?

Presto88

Adventurer
I have a questions for John (or anyone else who might know the answer). Where can I buy some more of that foam strip that lines the underside of the hatches? I'm talking about the stuff that acts as a buffer between the hatch and the rest of the top. There was some extra included with the top, but I've exhausted that over the past 5 years.

dmulk

I have a questions for John (or anyone else who might know the answer). Where can I buy some more of that foam strip that lines the underside of the hatches? I'm talking about the stuff that acts as a buffer between the hatch and the rest of the top. There was some extra included with the top, but I've exhausted that over the past 5 years.
If there's no answer posted over the next week for you, I'll swing over to their Chula Vista site and ask Kris. (It's 10 mins from my condo).
Cheers.
Dan

Presto88

Adventurer
If there's no answer posted over the next week for you, I'll swing over to their Chula Vista site and ask Kris. (It's 10 mins from my condo).
Cheers.
Dan
I don't mean to put you out, Dan. There really isn't any rush. Maybe just stop by sometime when you are in the area?
Thanks!

dmulk

I don't mean to put you out, Dan. There really isn't any rush. Maybe just stop by sometime when you are in the area?
Thanks!
No worries at all! I'm likely heading over there next week to have a tire repaired at a local shop near them. I'll stop by and ask Kris. ?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles